Font Size and Chinook Load

I didn't play for a while and now i got Version 18.3.1

Question is: Why do have Chinooks only space for 8 Soldiers? It feels a bit strange. Perhaps because i am used to more. But also if i put myself into somebody that is completely new to the game it seems strange, that i have a big heli and half of its cargo space is empty. I also didn't found an iG descrition that explains how many Soldiers/Vehicles you can put in a chinook. Perhaps i have just overseen it what leads to my second comment.

I think most font sizes are way too small. It is very hard for me to read Xenopedia articles and the desriptions in Geoscape/Base. I don't know if it is just my hardware. I play on 1024*768 resolution and a 15 inch monitor.

Ah, the recommend resolution is much higher, so it would be smaller. Its being worked on I think.

Having the troop loadout for the various dropships would be useful info too. The Xenopedia article about the Chinook explains it a bit (massive fuel tanks), but game-wise there isn't much need for alot of soldiers early on and when you do start to need more you get the next one.

I find using 8 soldiers enjoyable, I get a more evenly distributed squad. In 18.1 I went tank + 6 as soon as I hit tier 2, but I think I'll wait on getting a tank until I get the second drop shop, hopefully the vision range changes will make a full squad more appealing. :)

Max, I found it boring because the small amount of units you have available really limits your options. With so few men available, I don't feel like I can afford to take any risks, so in most of the missions, I end up just dashing to cover, scouting with a car, then advancing to the next piece of cover once I know it's safe.

The game also give you a lot of different tools to handle different situations, but I can't really afford to specialize my units very much if I don't want to hurt my overall mission performance, so I have to bring enough short-to-medium ranged weapons that can handle both the approach to the UFO, as well as breaching it. Since I have to assume that I'll be taking casualties, I need to bring more of those than I need. Currently I can justify bringing a rocket launcher and a sniper due to the utility they provide, but once the AI is better, I'll probably have to drop one or both of them in favour of rifles, so I'll still have enough short-range units to breach UFOs, after taking casualties during the approach.

Basically, I feel forced into a certain playstyle, and I can only imagine this gets more pronounced at higher difficulty levels, which is something I think is rather boring. More units would alleviate this problem.

Dunno, I've been playing around with various squad builds. I never use tanks though. I've gone half heavy weapons/half shotgun, all rifles, 6 rifles/sniper/MG, RPG/MG/Sniper/5 shotguns, and my current build which is 3 shotguns/3 rifles/MG/sniper.

If you mean to say having more soliders would be less boring, how so? Wouldn't there just be more soliders to manage?

yeah, but it makes for a better looking conga line on the map.

I don't take a tank to allow me a bit more flexibility with the squad. I double up with shotguns & rifles too. So there are soldiers with dual roles. I've not had a moment where any of them have felt like dead weight as a result.