Build V18.3 Hotfix 2 Released!

A very quick update, this one. Two changes:

1) I forgot to remove the developer code that forced the final mission, so it appeared immediately in HF1. It does not do so in HF2.

2) I set the wrong ammo items to be unlimited in HF1, so it meant that plasma / laser etc cells were not appearing at all. This is now fixed.

HF2 contains all the fixes from HF1 in it. Just copy it into the directory and replace all the files:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26290309/v183hotfix2.rar

EDIT - actually, just added another small fix (why not?) - Wolf Armour and Laser Weapons are now split out in the research tree, both only requiring one precursor technology rather than being linked together.

Hi Chris. Locked and loaded 18.3 HF2 and ran into a CTD in the first two missions when shooting with rifle from the balcony of the desert (air base?) map house. It only occurs if it hits the alien, reproduced it and CTD 7 times out of 8 - it seems the crash occurs just as the shot hits and the alien should react/damage should be calculated. I have saved the game just before if you would like to have it uploaded somewhere.

Chris, I'm still not getting any laser ammo with hotfix 2.

As far as I understand, you need to start a new game.

Because the infinite ammo appears when you complete the research about laser weapons. If you did it before the fix, no ammo for you.

Its a misnamed entry. The laser (and plasma and t4) researches unlock the laser cell item not the ammo. I have no idea what the item does, but switching it with the ammo entry fixes it. Probably still have to go back to before the tech is done though.

Same problem here, 18.3 H2, brand new game, no laser cells.

I checked in the items.xml and both entries i could find for for lasercell are marked as "UnlimitedOnResearch". Dunno which is designated for item and which for ammo, but it seems I can't fix the fixing fix, no matter how I fix.

You have to go into researches.xml and change the entry in Laser Weaponry to "ammo.laser.lasercell" instead of "Item.Lasercell". Have to do the same thing (different ammo obviously) for plasma and T4. And Electroshock grenades.

More people probably read here so I'll put it up. Fixed Stun Rockets in my little research fix as well, so they should appear for use now. Actually did it a few days ago, but haven't tested them till today (work fine).

Checked the Xenopedia entry and it seems they should be been available the whole time.

That's not right, you should get the topic from just capturing a Landing Ship + (Cruiser + for alloy hardening). Did you get alloys from the ships?

Yup, got alloys from all the ships, even getting money from armor off of the cruisers, but zero research.

Also not getting any armor off of the carrier, but that may not have armor normally, idk.