Build V18.3 Released!

First play through and only found 3 small bugs. No crashes or hangs. Fantastic.

1-Footsteps sound intermittent.

2-No throw animation when knelt.

3-Research on artifacts starts BEFORE your Chinnie returns home.

Game is very playable and enjoyable. Great work. :)

First play through and only found 3 small bugs. No crashes or hangs. Fantastic.

1-Footsteps sound intermittent.

2-No throw animation when knelt.

3-Research on artifacts starts BEFORE your Chinnie returns home.

Game is very playable and enjoyable. Great work. :)

I have noticed the same things. However the intermittent sound bug is... well... intermittent.

I am now getting quite exited! This game is almost done ppl!!

Research on artifacts starts BEFORE your Chinnie returns home.

Was this not to be kept as a feature? Justified by information being sent to your base from the retrieval team at the crash site (see End of Mission screen for a look at them). After all, it's not as though your chinook is lugging a power core and a UFO hull home.

Was this not to be kept as a feature? Justified by information being sent to your base from the retrieval team at the crash site (see End of Mission screen for a look at them). After all, it's not as though your chinook is lugging a power core and a UFO hull home.

Whatever, it is to quick, to quick. They would have hardly had time to wipe the green blood from their hands, never mind retrieved a 100 ton of artifact. You have to keep with the immersion.

They probably have big satellite phones. The labs and workshops have to be set up for the jobs at hand, so part of the retrieval team's tasks are to prep the base to get the right plant in place for the job. That sort of thing.

I do take your point. It was realising that I had no idea how the stuff captured actually got to the base and where it was stored that got me to think about it some more.

A bit torrent sync folder of the whole of the unpacked binary tree of Xenonauts could be shared between us and we'd only have to pull the differences each time there was a new release. Plus it'd auto-magically share the download bandwidth between us. And if Chris did it he could also just share the read-only key so people couldn't mess with it. Installing would just be pointing the sync folder at an existing directory.

He mused whilst watching his download go at 180 Kb/s

Edited by nickd

Its a minor issue really, that could be addressed later on in development. The 'fix' would be to delay the popup till after the dropship returned to base, though there might be bugs at first.

As an explanation it could just them setting up for the thing to arrive. Its a few hours usually, and they know the basics of what is coming e.g. power source, gun, body.

Its a minor issue really, that could be addressed later on in development. The 'fix' would be to delay the popup till after the dropship returned to base, though there might be bugs at first.

As an explanation it could just them setting up for the thing to arrive. Its a few hours usually, and they know the basics of what is coming e.g. power source, gun, body.

As a variant, trophies arrival to base can be handled as regular items transfer, lasting few hours.

So it'll be popup "Items from Crashsite-XX arrived" followed by popup that new research now available (we already have such double popup for "research completed" / "new manufacture available").

I agree that such small change would add much to immersion.