18.3 standalone appears to be live!

No new UI.

Started new game. Base in North America. UFO activity in less than 2-3 days, the alien invasion research project didnt even finish before 2 light scouts popped up. Just finished the first ground combat mission was very smooth. Hidden movement screen seemed quicker but at the same time didnt seem like much was happening. Farm house map never saw a civie or no xenaut human and 3 cesarians 1 in field that reaction fired. last 2 were face against the door the whole time never seemed to move till i got my squad up their. Shotgun guys opened the door to be face to face with the 2 and 1 shotted both of them. Seemed alot smoother all in all but Ive only just scratched the tip of it.

Edit: Interesting notes after the first mission I noticed the "Final Mission" Tab is visible and clickable it asked me if i wanted to do it cause you cant go back thing.

Edited by Orangehat44

I'm going to guess that means "no." But now I've provided the hint that it CAN be done.

I'll even give you guys a hint! The URL is NOT <EDIT>.

(Ha. I bet you clicked it, possibly expecting a rickroll. Man, rickrolling people so went out of style.)

If you don't want to use an .xml mod that is for an older version, you could also manually lower each reactionModifier in the weapons_gc.xml file. I lowered them in an earlier game to very low settings, with pistols/shotguns having their values reduced by 1 (to 0.8 and 0.4 respectively), and rifles/precision rifles to 0.1, possibly 0.5 on the rifles. Doing that pretty much removed reaction shots from the game, although they still happened on occasion. So probably don't drop them THAT low.

I just made http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/4735-More-Vision-Mod-18-3?p=59700#post59700 which should help balance things out a little bit.

I diffed Assoo's mod and the main changes in weapons_gc.xml are more generous clip sizes and more exaggerated reaction modifiers, so it's not really out of date. The C4 change in 18.3 is a little bit more in line with what the forum has been talking about.

Edited by erutan