Damaged Weapons

I'm not sure if this is a current feature or not (it has yet to happen to me)... but I was wondering if weapons could be damaged while in a battle or firefight. In the original Xcom your weapon could be damaged forcing you to use a secondary weapon such as a pistol or combat knife. I would for that same randomness to be added here in Xenonauts.

Weapons in real life jam, get banged up and/or take damage is say a ball of steaming plasma hits it.

I read another post somewhere claiming that they would love to use pistols more often but find themselves not using them because of every other weapon is just so much better. This would help to ensure that all weapons could/will be used in game.

Again, if this is a feature or has already been talked about I'm sorry for this post.

Thanks for listening.... :)

p.s. you guys have done AMAZING work since the alpha stage... I cannot wait to see the final product! Keep up the great work!

Weapons have HP and they can be destroyed, soooo... I gues it's possible. But wouldn't that be super annoying to have your $50,000 laser become a useless hunk of junk just when you need it the most? (i.e. in combat when baddies are shooting at you!)

It would but it can add a element of realism as this can happen in real life.

Sounds more like JA2. I don't recall XCOM having repairable weapons. Not a bad idea, but not sure how it'd really fit into the game.

Maybe you could have some prototype weapons that are more unstable? I'd assume most weapons are serviced after each mission at base etc so it's not quite mercenaries in the jungle type thing.