Sure - signed up - cannot promise the class though...

Doesn't matter. I'm cool with anyting, tough rifleman and heavy are my prefference.

White, young priviliged male naturally.

A small tip - use smoke grenades. A lot. They are life savers. They are so good it's not even funny.

You have free reign of movement as long as you are in smoke.

Also great for capturing, as you can walk up to the alien and beat him into submission.

Edited by TrashMan

Hey, thanks - did not use smoke a lot - but aimed stuff and medipacks only in the very old versions not - have many videos online 70+ - in the new ones I do use aimed shots and stuff ;-) Soon you are in the team - I do prerecord like 2 hours usually - so it takes a while ;-)

A new video in English and German is online - both new stable version of Steam ;-)

English

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn0BvAhJriQ&list=PL_A9XJj-KMVwG6-wyXr8oC46B4Ee0JEPW

German

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpY20jQdO5c&list=PL_A9XJj-KMVwCfoIPcw-dDIc_k-nPlmCE

You should reduce the foxtrots speed since it is faster than condors. Keep it in the back and one it shoots missiles, retreat + afterburner.

You can also use it to draw enemy fire once you're out missiles (fly past the enemy with afterburners 90° angle - the missiles will always miss)

A few comments and tips:

- you can lob grenades over walls (but you musn't be standing right next to it. leave 1 tile space)

- sometimes xenonauts can't shoot at aleins from acrouched position. If you crouched sniper can't shoot at someone, it might be a good idea to have him stand up to see if he can get a shot then.

- rockets keep you safe, but they destroy items and artifacts, thus less money and slower research.

- stun gass is ineffective..but it works great for flushing alines out of rooms/ufo's

- smoke. I cannot stress this enough.

- don't overload your troops. You will practicly never need more than 2 ammo clips. Jackal armor is heavier and the Action Points go down if you're overloaded. This is really bad for snipers.

FYI - you can throw grenades from the icon next to the gun. With a right click you can choose which type of grenade if you have multiple.

Also, for a assault shield guy - loose the rifle and medipack. They don't need it. Give them a pistol but DON'T quip it. Having an empty hand reduces the cost for throwing grenades (by 10 IIRC). With an assualt solider with high TU's you can spam grenades!

Always have the shield equipped. Give them plenty of grenades. Equip shock baton or pistol if necessary.