[v18 + HF2] Stun grenade doesn't seem to fill area properly with stun gas.

I'm not sure if this a bug or intentional. The stun gas (purple smoke) from a stun grenade doesn't seem to be filling the blast area properly. There are gaps where I think there should be stun gas particularly when there are small terrain objects in the area. Compared to a smoke grenade it's very inconsistent in it's coverage.

The chance for a square to be filled with stun gas is currently at 50 percent. Perhaps that should go up to 100 percent?
OK, that makes complete sense. No, I think I prefer to have it the way it is in that case. Please disregard this bug report. That does bring to mind though, why anyone would use stun gas instead of just plain smoke. Smoke covers a much larger area and is consistent. Perhaps the stun gas should be much faster acting?? I guess that is a balancing issue.

Well stun grenades have to be less effective than the stun baton otherwise you'd never use it - if you can throw a grenade at an enemy and stun it for the entire battle why damage them? :P

Nerfing smoke will make them more useful, relatively speaking. :)

Well stun grenades have to be less effective than the stun baton otherwise you'd never use it - if you can throw a grenade at an enemy and stun it for the entire battle why damage them? :P

Nerfing smoke will make them more useful, relatively speaking. :)

I have used the baton yet. I'm hoping that it is an instant knock down weapon, otherwise it would insane to use it. As far as regular smoke vs. stun gas, ideally the stun damage would be low for smoke, medium for stun gas, and high for the baton.

BTW, could one of the admins move this thread to the balancing section? It doesn't really belong here.

Lobstermen took extra damage from stun weapons so they aren't a good example. Use Tasoths instead. They could take a few hits with their stupid amounts of health.

Stun grenades are...okay. I prefer to use flashbangs though. Have to shoot the higher ranking leaders once or twice to reliably stun them with grenades though.

What if we just get rid of stun grenades? They seem to be a kind of awkward middle ground. Early game you might get some lucky stuns from rockets, but if you want to get them, you have to work for them (stun baton, flashbangs, shield, etc). By latish game when you might really need that officer, you can just use the researchable grenade.

As is stun grenades are kind of frustrating, but a lot safer than a stun baton... it's an awkward middle ground.

I'm not going near a Cruiser without stun grenades! Nope, no way >folds arms<

Cptn Erutan: Right. You've got the girl guide uniform on and the cookies thothkins?

Sgt thothkins: ... I'm sure it was "my" turn last time too, guys...

Cptn Erutan: thothkins? you know what to do?

Sgt thothkins: Yes sir. Go up to the cruiser and knock. while they're distracted by the double choc cookies, you guys rush them.

Cptn Erutan: excellent. Off you go then...

Sgt thothkins: Sure the labrats could come up with something for this sort of thing... mutter...mutter... mutter...

If smoke grenades do any stun damage at all it should be a token amount.

In the same way any concealment given by stun grenades should be token.

Neither weapon should really overlap on the other.

If they do then you may as well remove one and just have the other with the combined effects which feels a little much.

One weapon that blocks return fire plus can knock them down for the whole battle.

I see stun grenades as an offensive weapon and smoke as defensive.

I am curious how the two would work together though.

If you throw a stun grenade then a smoke grenade do the effects stack or is one overwritten by the other?

Lobstermen took extra damage from stun weapons so they aren't a good example. Use Tasoths instead. They could take a few hits with their stupid amounts of health.

Stun grenades are...okay. I prefer to use flashbangs though. Have to shoot the higher ranking leaders once or twice to reliably stun them with grenades though.

Flashbangs are worthless IMO. I don't even take them anymore. Besides, those a supression weapons no? Stun and suppression are two different things.