[v18 hotfix 2 - geoscape] Crashed while returning to base, save got corrupted

I had no idea what could have caused it, so ill just list as many going-ons as i remember.

I was returning back to base with chinook after sucessfully finishing a crashed scout (2nd ufo that appears, the bigger one) mission. Game froze in mid flight.

It wasn't CTD, game just froze i had to open task manager to close it. Game instantly crashes to desktop when attempting to load the latest autosave, which i suppose is right after a mission with chinook leaving a crashsite in geoscape. I was playing on veteran difficulty if that matters.

At the time there were no other aircrafts/ufo actively flying in geoscape. However before that i intercepted 2 UFO at once - light scout with 2 comcords(?) and a larger scout with foxtrot, chinook then proceeded to clear light scout mission successfully and i immediately flew to the heavier scout crashsite, without returning to base.

I had research going for sebilian interrigation, maybe it finished and caused a crash?

I also had improved body armor manufacturing going on, two armors out of six or something were complete but im pretty sure i was running on limited funds... so maybe insufficient funds could have something to do with the crash...

Really wish i could check it and attempt to replicate it, but it corrupted my save file (other saves load fine)