Soldiers appear in wounded bay after getting K.I.A

Is it a bug or is it left like that for whatever (easier testing?) purposes intentionally? I remember this happening way back in october, kinda weird that it hasnt been fixed yet... surely this bug has been reported countless times.

What happens is my guys get killed in combat but i can see them in med bay with the "wounded for 17 days" status.

I thought there was a chance that they could be pulled through. I think this might even extend to the smears, as a quirk. None of my guys ever seem to survive like this, so It's not one I've seen.
Have any of your guys ever survived a mission with you in command? ;-) <manic laughter>

It's not a bug, it's intended. There's a small chance, decreasing to 0 if the HP is a certain number (20?) less than zero, that any soldiers killed on the field will be fixed up. It happened to me not too long ago, actually. Sure, Hemmingway had to be in the infirmary for most of a month, and even then he was pretty badly banged up once he became available for use again, but he survived.

Have any of your guys ever survived a mission with you in command? ;-) <manic laughter>

ClosetYeti is teaching me the art of caution with the play throughs :)

Sgt England certainly doesn't seem to survive though. First to die again this play through. Still, that's the fourth mission... and about 10 seconds after I was toying with posting that perhaps the balance had gone too far back in the other direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, being wounded in that manner (going below 0 HP) does not award a Crimson Heart, for some reason.

Poor Cpl. Katrina Popov, she's spent more time in the infirmary than anyone else and still doesn't have a shiny medal to show for it. I guess she should be lucky she cheated death twice already.

Should the aptly names Popov get a medal?

What's brave about falling over and going under 0HP? It's not even as if her body can be used for cover. No, only those who suffer serious injury and still bravely fight on should get shiny tin foil accessories! :)

Oh, welcome back Swe_Racoon!

Of course she should, she has become something of my love-child after her two run ins with the Below 0HP Bogeyman. I value her far more than my MG toting Major (who also is a Soviet woman, incidentally). Even if she rarely does anything more productive than take plasma bolts and spend a month in the infirmary...

Many thanks, thothkins, once again. Hopefully this stay will be a little more permanent than my last one.