V18 Hotfix 2 Released!

It works very good over here now..a view balancing and a bit this and that to add, but it never played so nice and smooth.. And I could load the savegame from v18 hotfix1 without problems. I just played about 4 hours and I got not any crash. The first time I got on to November!... :) But I only met Sebillians and Ceasans yet, and no cruiser or officer or terror mission yet. I wonder if it is ment that way..and a bit more research options would be nice at this point..

Anyway.. I think this is the best working Xenonauts Version until now.. thanks a lot for your work!..

Hmm not sure but I think this hotfix is causing soldiers to not be listed as healing. Routinely only put soldiers who aren't listed as healing only on the dropship, yet had someone with greyed health in my last mission, and had two lose all their gear.

gear loss bug is a pain. I wonder if I hand over weapons from someone wounded < 50% health to someone else if i'd keep them? armor is toast either way.

As soon as the mission ends, unequip everything the wounded soldiers has (before the transport returns to base). Re-equip right before sending the transport out again, and make sure to heal the soldier in the battle. Et voila: not lost gear.

Just wanted to say V18 hf 2 is a quantum leap in stability over previous versions. Their are still CTDs but much fewer (the hunter destroyed CTD for instance), their are still missing sprites and various logical/graphical anomallies (had a Sebillian spawn in a haystack...) but the game is definitely converging to the point of becoming a stable, playable and fun beta. Huge codus to all of the dev team!

For me, it's the first time I have actually been able to get down and enjoy myself playing the game, as bugs would always bugger up my fun in some way or another, there are still bugs, but it is now playable. So I also give a huge codus to all of the dev team!

I am frikkin loving it. Get a stable beta on green light, and this has to be popular. Don't know if this is possible, but it would be a great spring board for the game.

Edited by Moonie

For me, it's the first time I have actually been able to get down and enjoy myself playing the game, as bugs would always bugger up my fun in some way or another, there are still bugs, but it is now playable. So I also give a huge codus to all of the dev team!

I am frikkin loving it. Get a stable beta on green light, and this has to popular. Don't know if this is possible, but it would be a great spring board for the game.

Im really enjoying getting further into the game too, Building the first set of laser weapons was pretty cool and it not freeze on me,

:)

So? is it really playable? I'm forbidding myself to play it until it has a stable beta release or its first release version.

I'll download it and check some... not much, just some.

It was quite frustrating to advance into the game then being unable to past certain milestones, it's not because of the game, it's because I'm an impatient SOB hahahaha.

Im really enjoying getting further into the game too, Building the first set of laser weapons was pretty cool and it not freeze on me,

:)

If you want the second-tier dropship, you're going to have to re-start, though. You have to change the Researches.xml file because apparently half of the requirements for researching the

Shrike

don't show up in-game at this time.

The announcement is here somewhere but I think this little gem will be more relevant to your interests.

Well Ill be buggered, that is good news. No more desura agony, how utterly charming.

Do you think that our dead smart medals will get ported over to the steam forums? :)

Edited by Moonie