Why do aliens have such looooonng lines of sight?

embrace_Destruction, just to eliminate possibilities, what were your troopers armed with? Precision rifles, LMGs and Rocket launchers all have a reaction fire malus, whereas the rifle, pistol and shotgun have a reaction bonus (most pronounced with the shotgun and pistol).

I dont know about others, but for me it dont matter what my soldiers carry of weapons.

Sometimes I'm lucky if my soldiers can take 1 step before getting reaction fire from 3-4 different aliens, some of them across the map way into the FOW, and even hit with pinpoint accuracy from that rage.

And sometimes I had the very same aliens do reaction fire at almost every single one of my soldiers, sometimes even multiple times against the same soldier as I move them across the map looking for a traget.

If I didnt know better I would say the aliens have unlimited TUs for reaction shots because of this.

While my soldiers never do any form of reaction fire whatsoever, which leads me to the accuracy of my soldiers.

Aliens seem to be able to hit my soldiers almost all the time with pinpoint accuracy, even from across the map.

While my soldiers cant even hit the broad side of a barn at point blank range, I have seen them stand on the tile right next to the alien, and miss with every single shot.

Or they can try to shoot at an alien at range, but instead of hitting the alien, they hit one of their own allies which are standing on the tile ether to the immediate left or right of where they are standing.

In other words, the shot leaves the weapon at a 90 degree angle to the left or right and hits an ally instead of going straight out of the barrel towards its intended target.

Apparently the accuracy of weapons is determined, only by the aim type you use and by range up to a certain point.

If you get closer to an alien that a certain range, your accuracy does not increase as one would expect, but remains the same even at point blank range.

If you have 22% accuracy at 15 tiles, you have 22% accuracy at 1 tile, which is completely absurd in my opinion.

Edited by Bansheedragon

The latest hotfix for build 18.3 should fix the close range shooting stuff. It sometimes seems to fail to work in a few missions but they'll still hit more often than not.

As for the pinpoint accuracy thing, the new build + hotfix reduced alien LoS so they don't RF quite so much, and I cut the accuracy of their weapons by half. They still hit half the time, and the rest are close misses. Much more enjoyable.

The latest hotfix for build 18.3 should fix the close range shooting stuff. It sometimes seems to fail to work in a few missions but they'll still hit more often than not.

As for the pinpoint accuracy thing, the new build + hotfix reduced alien LoS so they don't RF quite so much, and I cut the accuracy of their weapons by half. They still hit half the time, and the rest are close misses. Much more enjoyable.

Sounds good, have to check it out.

Is the HF 3 manual download like HF2 and if so where do I find it?

Ah, there's a new build out (18.3) that you download the same as V18. Then download hotfix 2 for that from the announcement sub-forum.

Then download my research fix here: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/4769-v18-3-HF2-Geoscape-Still-no-laser-ammo-on-research

Not sure I understand here.

I'm looking to download hotfix 3 and you talk about hotfix 2 and a research fix.

I already have hotfix 2 so dont need to download that.

18.3 has two hotfixes. Hotfix 1 incorporates more bugfixes and balance changes. Hotfix 2 is hotfix 1 with two additional changes.

EDIT: You are aware there's a Version 18.3 released, right?

I think I know what my problem was now.

I thought there was a hotfix 3, and took 18.3 to be V 18 + HF 3 rather than V18.3

I assume this available on desura now?