Assoonasitis

A treatise on skirts

I propose that men start designing and wearing skirts in an attempt to take them back from women. Or wear a kilt, I don't care. The point is: dudes do everything in their power to make their 'jones more comfortable, and that means doing everything to give them more room. I mean, we all wear pants with loose crotches and boxers so that everything isn't constrained. Well, why not give ourselves the loosest pants crotch by getting rid of it altogether?

Discuss.

I don't wear boxers, I prefer a little constraint. I don't want things waving around, that's how accidents happen. Also you have to choose a side and I refuse to do that. I know I shouldn't say this seeing as i'm Scottish but I don't like kilts, I really think they are stupid. We look ridiculous going around in those things.

Jeez, the identity crisis started with Assoonasitis's picture has got worse :)

Aren't the kilts you see mainly just the skirt bit of a proper great kilt anyway?

So there's that, plus tartan is ugly, despite being the part of the whiskey/burns/tartan triumvirate of Scottish exports.

They are better than mankinis though surely?

Lots of cultures have skirts for men, so it's no big deal. But I do notice that none of them are microskirts :)

I can never find a pair of jeans that actually give me enough room. The division point for one leg or the other always comes too soon for me, if you catch my drift. If we are not to wear kilts, then I say lets at least design pants more intelligently.

Perhaps I'm just looking in all the wrong places for a good pair of pants (they don't have to be jeans).

I don't really want to take skirts back from women.

Never really saw the point in them to be honest.

They are like ill fitting trousers that blow around in the wind and get caught in stuff.

Aesthetically I suppose they have a place if the wearer has the legs to get away with it though.

Also, I'd prefer the lava-lava of polynesian culture to the kilt. It looks boss, and it's really simple. There are even "dress" lava-lavas (as in dress pants, not an actual dress, that'd be ridiculous) for more formal occasions.

Jeez, the identity crisis started with Assoonasitis's picture has got worse :)

Aren't the kilts you see mainly just the skirt bit of a proper great kilt anyway?

So there's that, plus tartan is ugly, despite being the part of the whiskey/burns/tartan triumvirate of Scottish exports.

They are better than mankinis though surely?

Lots of cultures have skirts for men, so it's no big deal. But I do notice that none of them are microskirts :)

Scots don't make whiskey, they make whisky. Or, to be more precise, they make Scotch whisky or just Scotch.

Also, there's no identity crisis, I just know that kilts are mad comfortable and there are fashion skirts available for men.

Finally, to GizmoGomez: have you tried parachute pants, a-la MC Hammer? I'm sure you'll have no problem with the division point on those.

Haha, that's a little too low for my liking. I dunno, I probably just need to actually look around more. I really don't care for clothing all that much, as long as it's comfortable, decent quality, and preferably good looking. Oh, except for socks. They have to be black, and they have to feel amazing, otherwise I don't buy them. Ha, I'm still trying to cycle out my old less comfortable black socks for my nice Adidas ones.

Sorry but socks are off topic, please try to stay on the correct topic or your post will be deleted, burnt, then deleted again.

Or it might not be.

Scots don't make whiskey, they make whisky

sorry. I couldn't resist. I nearly went with "The Scotch people's triumverate..." but thought that was too obvious :)

I believe, should it please the forum mods, that we should also discuss the merits of the "Risky Business-casual" look in this thread.

we could have another thread for that, so you don't have to look at it. Then again, do we really want to sporran another thread for this subject?

we could have another thread for that, so you don't have to look at it. Then again, do we really want to sporran another thread for this subject?

You cad. You absolute cad.

It just...appeared in my mind.... I just had to type...

I'll try and control myself more, but I think you're just skirting around the issue to be honest.

You scallawag, thothkins! I shan't like to dress you down in front of everybody, but if you continue like this I shall have to roll up my sleeves, pull up my socks and take care of business, no matter how risky to our cordial relationship.