Ability to abort a mission

TNoyce

• 4 months later...
Fair point, actually. The debug version has a 'lose mission' button so it's more that we've just not bound it to a button / menu option yet. Probably should do that.

Chris, I'd also like a 'Restart Mission' button. It should essentially reload the autosave at the beginning of the ground combat, or something like that.

Sometimes I screw up ground combat missions, especially the ones in terror sites.

Fair point, actually. The debug version has a 'lose mission' button so it's more that we've just not bound it to a button / menu option yet. Probably should do that.

Will this feature be checking who is aboard chinook on the map and saving just these guys? Like in the original.

Pfft, it really is there. And complete with missing in action guys who are outside the chinook. How did I miss that?!

Edit: Yeah, I might have ignored because it implies returning to main menu. Although Quit Game option does this instead. I expected that to be quitting to desktop.

Edited by Shima

Come to think of it, it would be nifty if there was a certain percentage chance, depending on certain factors such as number of aliens vs good guys, the soldier's health and morale, aliens near them, etc, of MIA guys making it out of the battle alive to turn up again.

Like, you dust off, leave two guys behind, and one of them turn up in your base again some hours or days later, with a message that "Private Ryan has evaded capture and has been flown back to base".

Currently, I take it all "castaways" are killed by aliens, which is suitably gloomy, but at least on easier difficulty levels, it would be nice if there was a chance, even if it was just a tiny one, of MIAs turning up after the battle.

MIAs unexpectedly turning up as prisoners/"research specimens" in alien bases would be cool, too :P .

Whoa, finding your MIA soldier imprisoned/cut to pieces on a table in an alien base would take the game to a whole new level!

Don't know about that spontaneous returning. That would make the game a bit too easy, imo.

Whoa, finding your MIA soldier imprisoned/cut to pieces on a table in an alien base
Yeah. I kina meant alive. As in, rescue-able, but whatever floats your boat :P .
Don't know about that spontaneous returning. That would make the game a bit too easy, imo.
That would depend entirely on the probabilities involved.