[V18 Hotfix Geoscape Standalone] Losing equipment.

Current playthrough I keep losing equipment. Not exactly sure why but it seems to be wounded troops being rotated back in when they heal enough which is deleting the equipment.

Dead troops properly leave their gear in the base stores.

I should add, the troops that lose their gear lose ALL of it. Armour, weapons, grenades, everything. Mostly I find out when I see troopers in Basic mixed in with guys with laser and Wolf when a combat loads.

Identified one situation where gear is lost.

If you assign a wounded soldier to a dropship (not fully healed but can still be added to dropship), when the soldier heals fully their gear disappears.

Might be the only reason why gear was being lost, but not sure.

Giovanni, there's another situation where this occursm and it occurs randomly. Equipment is can be lost randomly whenever an event pops up or after a ground combat mission. Some savegames as an example:

Before Ground Combat. Three troopers in reserve have Jackal Armour, two of them at the top of the list of unassigned troops.

Straight after Ground Combat. The topmost unassigned trooper with Jackal armour now has no equipment whatsoever.

After 2 more suits of Jackal Armour are made and the pop-up occurs. Now the secondmost unassigned trooper is completely unequipped.

I'm guessing the missing equipment fix is only in the mysterious dev version for now Giovanni? :)

I've gotten it too.

If Giovanni says it's fixed and you're still experiencing it, assume it's in the Dev version. In fact, assume any changes you've heard about are only in the Dev version until you experience them first hand.

I have a similar situation where equipment are missing.

When I launch a ground combat mission, I quite frequently end up with 1 or 2 of my soldiers having no weapon when the mission starts.

They have everything except the weapon they had in their hands.

This is not a case of me forgetting to equip a weapon.

In these cases I have gone to the dropship and checked each soldiers equipment, after the mission was completed and the dropship returned, and found that they all have a weapon in their hands.

Yet during combat they did not have said weapon.

I have been unable to determine if the weapon is lost as others here have described, as I have yet to get far enough to be able to equip anything but regular weapons which I have an unlimited supply of.