Steam Early Access

Did you copy the game from a Windows computer with Steam installed? That would be a problem for me as I am windowless ;)

I could install Steam under Wine I guess, but in that case I may just wait for the next stable build. Will the stable version of V19 be available from Desura?

Greg - yup, all the Stable builds will be rolled out to Mac / Linux on Desura / Humble Store when they are released. Sadly it just means you guys can't get the experimental build, which is unfortunate and I apologise for.

Ah well doesn't matter, I'm spending way too much time playing V18 as it is, I should just tell myself to wait a bit for the next build (currently some crashes are getting annoying) :)

I do hope any crash reports I/we might find won't be too outdated if all Linux/Mac players are on the stable version while you guys are steaming ahead with the experimental builds..

\Sadly it just means you guys can't get the experimental build, which is unfortunate and I apologise for.

Not necessarily; if you have the windows version of Steam in a wine wrapper (like I do) you can trick Steam into giving you the Windows-only experimental version. Last time I tried to upload my copy of WinSteam (my name for it) dropbox didn't accept it (something about permission issues) but I'll see about uploading it again. Alternatively, I have a prepackaged zip file with WinSteam in it, but it's in Swedish, and you'd have to log in, navigate the menus, and change it the language to English. Not too bad, but rather annoying, so I'd rather simply upload the English version.