Steam Early Access

Personally, I'm thrilled the pre order tiers are going away. I only didn't buy premium because I never scrolled down and failed to realize it was even a thing, so it's nice to know I won't miss out significantly because of it.

I've more than gotten my value from the extra $10, you and the team deserve it, Chris. I'll also be really happy to move my game from Desura to Steam. I don't particularly like any of the digital services but if I have to pick between the two I'll go with Steam, especially with the benefits of Steam over Desura as you describe.

So we should look for our Steam keys some time before or right after the Steam launch?

Also, the Beta is most excellent. Very well done, and stable. You guys have made HUGE leaps and strides over the last 6 months. I CAN'T WAIT for the Xenonauts full launch. I dare say this is better than X-Com!!!

I'm a tad nervous about receiving my Steam key, if only because I've had such an issue with Desura that I cannot link the game to my account. I'm assuming that (given the nature of the issue and its absolute denial that I bought the game) I'm probably going to have to shell out another $20? Is there any other way to receive the key, or am I simply plum out of luck?

I'm hardly going to complain if that is the end result, of course, since the money would be well spent and -still- less than many other games. Xenonauts is well worth supporting!

Am already a Steam user, and am so looking forward to the transition. I've never had a significant issue with Steam, and have had more that several squaddies' share with Desura.

I do appreciate Desura for what they've facilitated thus far, but definitely won't look back.

I'm hopeful there will be a cloud save capability so that I can switch same game play between multiple PCs, as I do now with other Steam games.

I bought the game, but am unable to get on Desura for some reason so I can not wait for it to be out on steam!!! I've been waiting so long to play this!! It's come along way and amazing development!

And where is my fancy badge? lol

I bought the game, but am unable to get on Desura for some reason so I can not wait for it to be out on steam!!! I've been waiting so long to play this!! It's come along way and amazing development!

And where is my fancy badge? lol

Read this: How to claim your Pre-Order forum badge!

I also can not wait for the steam release. And when this game gets final and is translated to german i will have to do one week holiday to play this game ;-)

Edited by MacGyverDTH

MacGyverDTH tanks you but I cant connect to Desura at all, that link says it wont connect, I have no I dea how to fix it lol but atleast steam works and I just have to wait.... I just wish I could take a week off of work and school when its out on steam, can not wait! :)

Looking forward to it!

Jumped the late pre-order train when I saw this

Welcome in the club, then. :P

I think it might not be that late, the train might still have quite a long way to go, but Chris and whoever are definitively working hard and the train is moving at a nice pace ;P

Am already a Steam user, and am so looking forward to the transition. I've never had a significant issue with Steam, and have had more that several squaddies' share with Desura.

I do appreciate Desura for what they've facilitated thus far, but definitely won't look back.

I'm hopeful there will be a cloud save capability so that I can switch same game play between multiple PCs, as I do now with other Steam games.

Agree with all three parts. Can't wait for full Steam ahead!

I only redeemed my game from kickstarter from desura today (since june last year KS ended lol) and i have to say i can't wait to use steam. Desura is not bad but i only installed it because of this kickstarter and on the other side i have 100+ games on steam and i like everything tidy :)

Also, steam kicks ass. I don't care what a lot of people say about its "draconian DRM" and yada yada yada. I like it, its organized, good UI, rarely fails, gets constant updated, has mod support for skyrim and other games i own, etc.

Also, when can we have our keys for it ? :P

You'll get them when Chris decides the build is good enough to go on Steam Early Access. I.E. doesn't crash too much of the time and doesn't provoke strong "this r so broken plz fix" reactions.
I'm in total agreement with statement. I wouldn't put 18.51 out there unless it's nearly bug free, even in beta. Otherwise the teenboppers are going to have a field day. If a game's reputation gets damaged before it's even officially released you'll lose a lot of sales. Look what happened to SimCity. Even if every bug had been fixed within a week it would have been too late. From my years watching the gaming industry it's nearly never wrong to wait for quality even if the game is late. Let us alpha people play 18.51 for a week and then decide. Edited by StellarRat

I'm in total agreement with statement. I wouldn't put 18.51 out there unless it's nearly bug free, even in beta. Otherwise the teenboppers are going to have a field day. If a game's reputation gets damaged before it's even officially released you'll lose a lot of sales. Look what happened to SimCity. Even if every bug had been fixed within a week it would have been too late. From my years watching the gaming industry it's nearly never wrong to wait for quality even if the game is late. Let us alpha people play 18.51 for a week and then decide.

This is why I have also been fine with waiting for the steam version as it is seen as a more final version for some reason. War for the Overworld has some of the people you referred to and it is both funny and sad. I can see though how it could harm the game if enough of those people started yelling loud enough. Still want the steam version as desura hates me since it caught me in bed with gog and steam. Thank god impulse was running late or desura may have completely freaked out.

Still Chris has good news of basically this month we gets the steam. I have faith in this leader of men and coder of games.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if I should laugh or cry to that bit of info...

Always laugh when someone gives you information you don't want.

The louder the better.

They tend not to bother after a while and actively avoid you if you seek them out.

Although I would use a bit of judgement, a family bereavement would be one example where using this technique may not be appropriate.

So I see Xenonauts is now on Steam Early Access - excellent stuff! I hope Xenonauts does really well - it is a great game and is only getting better.

Any word on when those of us who bought it from Desura will get Steam keys? I see my friend who backed it on Kickstarter already has his.

Edit: I missed the post explaining where to get the Steam keys: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5245-Steam-Keys-Available-Now

Thanks to Chris and the team for all your hard work and good luck with Steam!

Edited by Slerbal

Hey guys a bit of advice. Don't look at the Steam forums. Unless you want to be infuriated. So many morons on there posting 'This is an X-COM clone!' 'Nothing original!'. It's like going on the CS:Go forum and seeing 'This is a DOOM rip off!!'. Jesus...

Edited by Junmarko