Steam Early Access

gold is so tacky and green name..thothkins has one how elite can it be?

common as muck. A sure sign that having a green name is utterly... oh, I see every other poster then went on to get one too... except the Dark Red Moderator, Darth Sathra.

thothkins wonders whether to tell the others that the green is actually digital gangrene and spreads from their avatar through their monitors...

I have a question.

I preordered through kickstarter have been receiving emails from kickstarter including Desura entry code. Not having a Desura account I decided wait to see if Xenonauts would come out on steam. Now that it is sort of set to, I read that the keys for steam early access will be set out through Desura.

Will Desura being using a list that includes me or only the people that have registered with Desura, so will I have to dig out the old email and register with Desura to get the game?

Hmm... I tend to stay off forums because threads tend to be more like balls of yarn. I contributed because I believe in the project and to be honest I don't even remember what was promised on the kickstarter and I expected nothing from the Premium Pre-order. I'm happy with just my name and face immortalized.

Soldier #5

Narath - yeah, I've chatted to Desura and the email will be spent to you irrespective of whether you've claimed the Desura key or not.

All - I've got something in mind for the Premium people, but it will take a while to come to fruition. So forget I said anything about that for the next three months or so.

oh yea definitely great soundtrack. Funny thing, I played Xenonauts a long time ago and then I stopped because I wanted to wait for a more stable version. A few days ago, out of nowhere I remembered that tune that plays during aerial engagements with ufos and I had no idea where I know that song from. Took me a couple of hours to figure that one out :) Great job on the soundtrack man.

As another very early preorderer (is that even a word) I'm good with whatever you do Chris, just glad to be getting the game. I have enjoyed my minimal input into the game.

And even though I'm not really a fan of steam, I will be glad to see the game on there. Both for the additional revenues and because of the more stable downloads

Well, the newer players weren't there earlier, so they aren't really entitled to get the fancier stuff (sounds mean, but true). They can purchase the soundtrack like normal people.

Custom soldier skins were, like, 200 dollars or something in the kickstarter, so that's probably not gonna happen.

A custom skin would be quite a large amount of work if you mean a different look to the ground combat sprites.

To recap there are something like 8000 individual image files per armour set (assuming all weapons are to be allowed), many of them containing multiple sprites, some as many as 60.

That work needs to be done for any change, no matter how small.

Want an arm band? Redo all images. Want the armour to be green instead of blue? Redo all images. Want darker skin tones? Redo all images (if skin is visible in that armour type).

Want to be able to choose to have an arm band on blue or green armour with dark or light skin?

Make eight sets of images to cover all combinations (64000 image files).

Bit of a nightmare really, I will still work on my coloured versions of the jackal and basic armour on release though so I can have literal redshirt rookies :D

The soundtrack is included with the game - /assets/audio/music/. Though .ogg isn't the friendlist format for those of us drunk on apple kool aid. :P

I actually spoilered myself a bit. I've never had an air battle last a super long time - the theme has a pretty epic shift!

The soundtrack is included with the game - /assets/audio/music/. Though .ogg isn't the friendlist format for those of us drunk on apple kool aid. :P

Its perfectly workable for us using something like the CCCP pack or VLC for playing most anything, though. :P

Awesome News, Chris!!! I'll be glad to move my game over from Desura to Steam honestly. Desura is ok and everything but it's DL speeds are horrible when compared to Steam. No worries on the costs we paid. I'd say we're all very happy supporting you and Xenonauts. I also like Gauddlike's idea of just changing the text to "Founder". It simplifies it to showing people who supported the game before it went to Steam and in its-self explains why new purchasers won't be able to get one. Also, I assume when the Steam release hits we'll all get emailed Steam Keys correct?