Build V18 (Beta Candidate) released!

Well, the game's certainly come on a lot since I last played, amazing work!

One question I have which I'm not sure is a bug or working as intended; the numbers on the accuracy calculation path (which I love by the way, great addition) don't seem to quite add up. For example:

- I had a trooper with a flat 45% chance to hit on open ground about 15 squares ahead of him.

- There was a Sebillian behind some low rocks who I wanted to target. I hovered the aim cursor on the square next to him and the rock had a 50% appear next to it, which I thought might mean it was reducing my chance to hit by half. But the aim percentage on the target square was 18%.

- Then, when I actually put the cursor on the Sebillian, the to hit chance dropped to 6%.

Is there something wrong here, or am I missing something? I actually kind of liked that the cover benefitted the target quite as much as it did because I ended up having to suppress him with two guys while a third flanked around to get the kill, but I get the impression that cover maybe isn't supposed to be quite as good as it seemed. And also, unless I'm an idiot (I don't think I am...:)) then the numbers didn't seem to make sense to me.

If this is a bug, let me know and I'll repost to the bug reports forum.

Also, the snow map looks ace! Really excited for the final release now.

Still early days in this build for me. I look forward to hearing more about how the finances hold together in later months.

Really good to see some veteran forum names back to check out the progress. Looking forward to hearing the contrast, not just in the game but if it's what people thought it would be. Dare I say it's egg-cellent. No? OK, I won't then.

From the days of the alien shed, the game has taken many turns, twists and additions and held more bugs than I would care to count. But looking and playing it today I can see that Chris and the team are finally in sight of bringing us a great and stable game. That done, then word should start to filter out and gain the interest of the thousands of frustrated UFO'ers out there.

Mobile, Alabama - 1957

Wull, yup one of those thur uhfoes just gone n' landed in mah field. So ah got a mind ta start tinkerin' with it. Made me a few oh them from the parts. First darn one got out out of the barn tho'. Headin' north it was. Ah wonder whut happened to it. Yup.

Forgive my ignorance, but what's with the xenosheds and such?

It sounds interesting, and somewhat absurd at the same time.

In the very, very early alpha versions, before any UFO art was done, aliens that had touched down would be found milling about inside a shed which stood in for their ship.

E:FB

I thought I'd read that the autoupdater files were updated to v18. Am I mistaken on that? Desura informs me I'm up to date and I've got v17.91 showing in my launcher. I'm also getting hay bales in the chinook.

Desura is fail. You need to DL the standalone version. http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts/download

Then merge the hotfix.

I will be glad when we can get this from Steam and sack Desura.

is this project has a due date?

Yes. It's something like December 2010. :)

I think that Chris made the mistake of thinking this was going to be a easy game to make, when in fact it is one of the hardest games to make. Even the mighty Firaxis had to sacrifice 50% of the games content, were as Chris is attempting to add 110% of the games content.

No easy job.

Edited by Moonie