Build V18 (Beta Candidate) released!

Yes. It's something like December 2010. :)

I think that Chris made the mistake of thinking this was going to be a easy game to make, when in fact it is one of the hardest games to make. Even the mighty Firaxis had to sacrifice 50% of the games content, were as Chris is attempting to add 110% of the games content.

No easy job.

But it is more then worth the wait :)

Finally time for beta? This game is moving so slowly :/ Was hoping the kickstarter would speed up things a bit more.

Ive only just joined the forums and xenonauts, how long have you guys/gals been waiting?

Edited by Freelandr
edit to add/gals for political correctedness

I pre ordered some time in 2010 (might have been November).

Because of the access we have had to the builds though it doesn't really feel like a long time to me.

The kickstarter wasn't really about speed increase it was more about quality, which I think it has achieved.

I would much prefer a slow and steady approach opposed to getting the game out faster but with less features and more bugs.

A small indie studio only has a small amount of resources so if you decrease the time spent on the game you also decrease the amount of work possible on it.

You cannot just throw more money and people at it.

To hopefully quote Lucius Fox

Let me get this straight.

You think that your client one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands and your plan is to blackmail this person? (Insert Significant Pause)

Good luck.

Edited by Freelandr

We'll release an update on Thursday / Friday when I'm back at home. There's been some more bugfixes in the meantime, and the average person downloading from Desura but not checking the forums doesn't have access to HF2, so an update is required!

We are waiting for new update. The 18HF2 is very stable. Saves work perfect ( at last!, I have tested they again and again). I have played several hours ( to december, Xenonauts time), there are still little bugs, still xenopedia is not completed ( a lot of ### ;) ), but this version is great progress in project! And now, there is possiblity to atack UFO`s ground bases!