Build V18 (Beta Candidate) released!

I still have to rate it as unplayable.

This is the first time I've tried to play again since version V17.5 but I am just running into the same problem. Alien turns during maps never end. I have to ALT-F4 out of the game.

I did get to finish the 1st map, and that's a first for me out of all the times I've tried to play. But the 2nd map quickly crapped out during an alien turn.

Oh well.. cya in a couple months with hopefully better results...

Is it possible to simply implement the dreadnought as an indoor mission? It could basically be treated like a giant, flying base. That would solve the issue of having to make larger maps.

I haven't played any of the recent builds yet (waiting for beta) so I don't know how UFO crash sites are now implemented so my idea regarding the dreadnought may not be possible. I'm working off the assumption that treating dreadnought crash sites as indoor missions wouldn't require a new tileset.

I don't see any point implementing the dreadnought as an indoor mission. What would it achieve? We already have alien base missions and I don't see any need to conflate the two just in order to add an extra UFO type to the game that you won't actually see anyway (as you'll just be inside it).

I'll leave the scrapped art in the game directories so people can mod them in if they want.

sorry, had to stop after the first 2 lines of the "love letter from the father you have been looking for all your life." He sounds like a very creepy absent father, who hasn't been paying child support, yet stalks your every move. Probably as the result of a restraining order from the mother involved.

still, good to to see you're still egg-cited about the game djlogue.