Research Tree Structure Discussion

Just something weird. I can research Alien Plasma Technology (when i get 2 alien weapons) and then I can research Laser Weaponry (for xenonauts) even without researching alenium. And also, lorewise, you need alien materials to make lasers, especially the heat conducting ceramics.

*facepalm*

I forgot about that when I suggested the change. The Xenopedia stuff will have to be re-written, though Laser weapons should require at least Alloy tech as well as alien plasma tech.

Maybe something about re-purposing the stuff from the alien weapons?

I prefer the marauder look over the saracen. I think the saracen look is a bit boring and seems not very agile to me. More like a bomber.

If it is not decided yet you can also start a thread with the poll function. Think that would be the best in such a case.

Agree with changes:

Autopsy should be automated since it does not take much time and should not have any benefits, only story driving element

Rockets: Didn't like the idea of unlimited ammo at first, but it makes sense in the current state of things

Dreadnought: The more ships the better, but there shouldn't be too many HUGE ships flying around and making the game boring if encountered: see Terror from the Deep ship attack. It would be nice though to have a kind of ship that only strikes once, in case of normal player progress but comes 3-4 times if the player is very good in the game. Like an elite Battleship to cut down the player similarly to base attack

Interceptor: Current Marauder Image looks more polished and interesting. Saracen strikes me as unremarkable and way too much weight on the back of the ship, while the Marauder seems like a tough bomber type construct.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope all the missing text in the research tree will be added soon. There are still many with "####" in it. I played all the new releases for about 1-2 hours. But i dont want to play longer when there is still some text i can not read (because ####). Thats why i wait till there is a version (beta ?) where all the text is implemented and then i will play longer. But for me it is very important to read all text to get the full story of the game while playing. (I know this is a alpha/beta...)