As my original hand picked recruits form the pre generated Soldier List die painful, horrible and mostly embarrassing deaths, their places are taken up by unknowns from the pool.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to hire recruit from the pregenerated list. That way you would get the correct picture and background with the name. This could be something as basic as putting in the number and hoping for the best regarding the stats you end up with.

There would have to be something to prevent you selecting the same soldier over and over again.

Pvt: Sir, that's the tenth thothkins clone you've sent to certain death.

Sgt: Teach him to sidetrack my thread.... get me another darn clone...

Wow. Saving the Earth money on catering. What do they need a meal for if they're not alive to digest it after all. It#s a shame there's not a little more resource management in the game Commissar. You'd be great at getting those extra pennies saved. I imagine you also got a bulk deal in Red Shirts for their uniforms too? Well done, Sir.

I'm finding the scatter lasers to be pretty useful at present. It just a real pain when you lose the equipment through injury though. It takes a lot of effort and expense to replace.

Lucky git you've at least managed to get to the laser teir, I'm still getting the first month crash, and have never been able to research into the laser development because it crashes everytime on the 28th september in game. And that's playing the standalone. :/ Would love to just save and reload but oh ho ho it crashes on reloads as well. Love this game just wish I could see more of it than a few light and medium scout crashes and the ballistic weapons tier, it's becoming quite a pain in one's arse.

Wow. Saving the Earth money on catering. What do they need a meal for if they're not alive to digest it after all. It#s a shame there's not a little more resource management in the game Commissar. You'd be great at getting those extra pennies saved. I imagine you also got a bulk deal in Red Shirts for their uniforms too? Well done, Sir.

Loving this only because I'm an Accounting (Accountancy) Major! :P

Loving this only because I'm an Accounting (Accountancy) Major! :P

oh no. You're not going to try and convince us that those soldier deaths were actually "efficiency savings" are you? :)

sgt thothkins: Commissar. Pvt Bladderblast is dead.

Com Pancakes: Yes. I shot him.

Sgt thothkins: I see. And this doesn't seem odd to you Commissar?

Com Pancakes: Nope. While I was waiting for the latest batch of red shirts to arrive, I went through the training programme.

Sgt thothkins: Well at least you didn't shoot him because you didn't have a shirt that fitted.

Com Pancakes: That was Pvt Gruntfuttock. Anyway, it was clear that Bladderblast would never have made the grade. He was a resource drain.

Sgt thothkins: But in cold blood Commissar, without even a last cigarette or a last meal...

Com Pancakes: Actually, we've stopped the last meals. Needless expenditure.There's also a no smoking policy to help stop other... resource drains. Obviously, I also run the illegal cigarette trade in the base for a tidy tax-free profit. It helps me identify other issues too. Anyway, we don't pay as much to his widow if it's death in combat and not negligence.

Sgt thothkins: Looks as though you've got it all well in hand Commissar. Let me know if there are any other issues.

>thothkins turns back to the office desk<

Com Pancakes: Actually, if you'll just keep standing like that, I can think of another one...>BANG!<

Edited by thothkins