Beta Candidate

Chris

Maybe if he wasn't using GOTO this thing would get done. There's a reason nobody uses GOTO ever and that reason is it's horrible. Now we coders do cool stuff like use [noparse]for(;)[/noparse] and foreach and lambdas and languages that aren't machine code.

BTW, I know all the modifiable stuff is in XML, but what language is the actual game written in? Please don't say Java because that will make me sad.

Edited by Assoonasitis

BTW, I know all the modifiable stuff is in XML, but what language is the actual game written in? Please don't say Java because that will make me sad.

Nope. No awful Java for Xenonauts, just pure, excellent C++. And a lot of modifiable stuff is scripted in Lua!

secret snip of doom!

So what you are saying is that we need to keep the team from sleeping so they have more time to work and less time to wake up ect? Maybe make them cyborgs so it cuts down on time to read emails and search for cute kitty pictures.

We need duct tape lots of it. And smarts phones tons of smart phones! We can make them have more screens attached to them, we can inject them with energy drinks, we can improve the humans! More screens, more energy that means more productivity right?

At least it's not VB or VB.NET. I once described VB as "real programming's older brother whose parents make him wear a helmet everywhere and C-language doesn't understand why but he loves VB anyway because they're brothers" and one of my profs who overheard me did a double-take and said, "no, yeah. That's the perfect way to describe it."

To derail the programming talk a little; I've started uploading V18 to Dropbox but it's got another 15 hours to go (after which Desura have to authorise it). So I'm going to go home and I'll post up the changelog and the beta-related stuff tomorrow.

Yay! look forward to it :)

15hr? what the upload speed your uploading at?can you post the change log to see how much bugs have been fixed?
I'll post up the changelog and the beta-related stuff tomorrow.

Chris did say he will post the change log tomorrow, so we are just going to have to wait. let the man have some sleep.

Yay! look forward to it :)

Chris did say he will post the change log tomorrow, so we are just going to have to wait. let the man have some sleep.

blah sleep is overrated:mad:

not really sleep is very nice, but me thinks hes going to go partying for getting v18 out:D

btw i take it as a good sign that so many pepole posted about the beta candidate, means you have a game people like:)