Beta Candidate

Chris

Which beta!! Game more improved and refined. As an example, the terror in the city of 6 saves is only one. Shoot aliens from another end of the map and fall always keep my soldiers manage to smear the opponent a meter away from them. This is only a small part of the problem!

"manage to smear the opponent a meter away from them"

How often does this happen? For me occasionally the alien will

run out of cover where one of my soldiers is and doing so run out of AP

and I'll take my turn and shoot him. But this sort of thing happens

just as often in most big title games that were finished years ago. Xenonauts is still approaching

beta. Yeah, I agree, this is something they can work on; that said the AI has

come a long way. We all know it needs work but even at this point

it shows a lot of promise and is quite challenge at times.

"Shoot aliens from another end of the map and fall always keep my soldiers"

I take this to mean you shoot the aliens from the farthest side of the map

and they die right away. The battle ends and you have all your soldiers.

I've never had it happen were I shoot soldiers on the other side of the

map and have them die. What weapons are you using? You must be pretty far

in the research tree at this point to have ranged weapons that will do this much

damage. Hope you are mentioning this in the bug thread, in detail and providing proof

Maybe a screen shot or something (So we know you aren't smoking something that makes you see what isn't really happening)

Edited by windex

Yo, I don't care about anything except make sure the bug where the game freezes during alien turns is fixed. Also fix the reloading bug on battle screens that makes it so you can't see the inside of UFOs. That'd be great.

Also, if you could make it so that when I reload the Geoscape it doesn't tell me what I can manufacture every time, I'd be stokin' on that real hard.

Edited by Assoonasitis

Assoonasitis, I'm currently only willing to entertain bugfix requests from you if they're in the form of poetry.

A general update: I've been busy today generally balancing things and fixing them, and I've identified enough issues with the final mission that the beta probably won't make it out until Tuesday as the ground combat coder will need to fix them up - hopefully he'll get them done tomorrow.

Happy Easter everyone!

There'll be an update on Steam soon. It seems likely we'll be launching on Early Access in the next six weeks, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Thanks for the reply.

I think being on the new 'early access' section of Steam would give the game another boost in publicity, so you should definitely do that if at all possible.

In this game there's a bug I have seen

on the Alien turn, it would seem:

first they fire their shots,

then just sit there like plops,

for the game is now frozen; how keen.

(And I don't know the cause, I come clean.)

A second'ry bug I have met

comes only on ground missions yet:

when a game I do load,

UFO insides aren't show'd.

A problem with tiles, I'll bet.

This last is a small peeve of mine,

for it eats a small bit of my time:

when I reload on the map,

the game says, "Old chap!

"there are new things to build, how sublime!"

Ball's in your court, England.

I did indeed post an ETA in the previous post. I'm hoping for it coming out tomorrow. What we're going to do is branch the code when the final mission fixes are made and release it, then we'll continue to update this version of the game (as well as the main development branch) with fixes over the next week or so to get it up to scratch.

Assonasitis - well played. We'll see what we can do, if those bugs aren't fixed in the first release of this build they'll be in the second as they're on our to-fix list.

Guys?

The ground combat coder has to wake up.

Go through whatever morning ritual s/he goes through.

Catch up on email.

Think about working.

Actually work.

Ignore Chris' emails and work on the bit of the project s/he thinks is most important.

Defuse lit bomb sent in post and work on the bit Chris wants him/her to work on.

10: Find a bug.

20: Squash bug

30: GOTO 10.

Spend the afternoon finding out why a particular loop causes the system to become sentient and declare war on all fleshy meatbags.

Etc.

Y'all are pinning a lot of hope on one coder!

Edited by Max_Caine