Fix For Empty UFOs

Giovanni has discovered the problem with the UFOs appearing without a crew, and there's an easy fix for it. Download the two XML files linked below and put them in /xenonauts/assets/ufocontents/ folder and it should work fine:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26290309/airplane.alien.lightscout.sebillian.xml

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26290309/airplane.alien.lightscout.caesan.xml (right click and Save File As)

The problem was that the "missing crew" UFOs weren't on Research missions, they were on Scout missions. Light Scouts previously only ever did Research missions until I moved them forwards, so there was no contents column present for the Scout mission crew and thus they appeared empty...so not a coding bug at all!

Enjoy.

Ok, so when I go to the download link all I see there is a bunch of lines of code, a document tree. Do I just copy and paste all the command lines to the ufocontents/ folder?

Or do I need something for XML files?

Open link, you'll get the bunch of lines of code. Right mouse click, "save file as..", save it in /asset/ufocontents/ with name "airplane.alien.lightscout.sebillian.xml". Done!

Ok, thanks Gionvanni, was going to do that just wasn't sure.

Did you write this fix?

Have to see if it works with the game I already have in progress, though I lost a lot of money from empty UFO sites.

Edited by windex

This is going to take a bit of explaining, so please forgive my long-windedness.

There are two ufo mission types, Scout and Research, which can spawn light scouts. Previously, only Scout mission types spawned light scouts. However, the light scout .xml files which describe how many aliens (and how agressive they are) were not correctly set up to accomodate Research missions. So, the game looked for the appropriate information, couldn't find it, and said "fine! you get nothing, then" (as nothing is better than a crash!). Chris had deleted the sebillian lightscout .xml descriptor completely, so the game should have only looked for the Caesan lightscout descriptor.

However, Giovanni, I have noticed the Caesan light scout .xml file (at least, for my version 17.91) is only set up for Scout missions as well. I've altered the file on my copy, and I don't have any more empty light scouts.