[17.9 - Geoscape - Standalone] No pop ups on Geoscape

The game is in late October. No UFO alert appears on Geoscape when the little red triangle appears. This happens for all UFOs, also completed research and manufacturing. November first arrives and there is no funding screen.

This occurred following the blank Hire soldier screen. I didn't attempt any "work around" for that. I simply went back out to the Geoscape.

The first time this occurred, the game got as far as Nov 14th. Unfortunately, not sure what I pressed, but the funding screens, research, UFO alerts then all arrived at once.

On the second occasion, if the intercept button is pressed, then you can select a UFO on the Geoscape. This is followed shortly afterwards by a CTD.

Edit: I should have mentioned that the research, manufacturing is all going on in the background and that you can go in and out of the base and use the screens there normally.

Edit 2: No issues on third play through this morning.

Edited by thothkins

Matthew / Giovanni - here's repro steps. Set a game to auto-generate a crash site, and if it is out of dropship range you need to send the dropship towards it. It times out before the dropship arrives, so it turns back but there's no pop-up telling you about it. All other pop-ups won't appear either.

Not sure if it is what you are discussing, but I think I have something with a similar logic: terror site appears, popup notification either, sent Charlie - too far to be in time, terror site disappeared (no notification popups), Charlie started to fly in circles, then headed to the base (obviously out of fuel) - no notifications. Pressing ESC button doesn`t popup menu screen (damn, I was disappointed the first time this happened). By accident found the opening xenopedia screen and then closing it brings all the popup notifications back instantly (missed terror site, out of fuel it was all there, even research and production notifications popuped, but nothing new was explored or produced).

The ESC button didn`t popup menu screen and no notifications if terror site was secured, but could also be cured with opening and closing xenopedia window.

I'm having the same problem as flanker. My chinook reaches a terror site, which then the terror site disappears and the chinook patrols where the terror site was until it gets low on fuel and returns home and after that I don't get anymore warnings for UFOs when they appear.

Edited by Gorzahg

xenonauts bug pop-up screen not appearing.jpg

I'm having the same problem as flanker. My chinook reaches a terror site, which then the terror site disappears and the chinook patrols where the terror site was until it gets low on fuel and returns home and after that I don't get anymore warnings for UFOs when they appear.

I have exactly the same thing as flanker and Gorzahg. Then all sort of weird things started to happen, for example, geoscape pop-up screens in the base buildings screen.

xenonauts bug pop-up screen not appearing.jpg

577e7caa055f9_xenonautsbugpop-upscreenno

Similar issue (V17.91 Standelone's build):

2 crashsites appeared. I cleaned one, let the other one voluntary fade out. I had no pop up anymore afterward:

• No monthly financial eport
  • No research, craft or building pop up
  • No Ufo / terrors pop up despite they continue to appear
  • I was unable to intercept any ufos nor terror sites: clicking on them didn't trigger the usual "launch" popup
  • 4 Ufos landed over my base and stayed 5 month (I believe they were supposed to raid my base, but no mission were launch)
  • I was unable to build a second base (could not place it on the map)
  • the "ESC" key had no effect: unable to save, load or even quit game: I had to alt + F4

I believe all of those bugs are linked and appears when the player denies a ground mission (willingly or not).

Edit: seems to happen when the player denies a terror mission.

Edited by Moxar