[17.9 Ground Combat - Standalone] Unit selection issues

Hi there!

I'd like to report a bug. As I entered the first UFO landing site during a new campaign started with the current version of the game, some oddities began to happen after approximately three turns. This was also the first ground combat in general.

1) I noticed that I could not select my machine gunner by clicking on him. Instead the game suggested whether I would like to move one of my other xenonauts to his location. I can select him by clicking the corresponding number label though.

2) As I encountered the first civilian, the game gave me an option to move the civilian as he was one of my units. Out of curiosity, I did that and a ninth xenonaut appeared into the civilians location and began moving according to my orders. The civilian however stayed in place.

Alright I must correct that it's not a ninth xenonaut. It's one of my eight xenonauts teleporting into the civilians location.

I tried adding the save game in question here as an attachment but the forum is giving me error 404. I guess it's just not my day.

Instead, if needed, the save can be found here.

http://koti.welho.com/jtissar3/savegame_selectionissued_179.7z

I'd like to add that I was able to reproduce the bug by loading a saved game in ground combat phase during a new campaign.

Right after loading the save I was no more able to select my unit by clicking on him. Instead the game suggested whether I would like to move some kind of shadow looking thing from the left most corner of the map to the position of the unit I was trying to select. Again, as I did that, one of the units teleported into the shadows location and began moving.

Also all the aliens became visible through the "fog of war".

I tried loading the save game again and this time all my units, alive and dead civilians plus aliens appeared in the left most corner.

This seems to happen every time I load a saved game in ground combat situation.

I want to add something to this report: I've had the same thing happen. It's not just saved games either. At random points during ground combat I've lost the ability to select certain soldiers by clicking on their sprites, however, using the soldier number button in the menu ALWAYS works even after direct clicking begins to fail. Just thought I'd add that in case it's useful for debugging. I'm playing full screen if that matters.

• 1 month later...