Desura and game play?

may not be the best place to ask, but i'm a newb to the whole down load game scene. will i need to be online to play xeno after the down load is done? i'm heading overseas soon and will have limited internet, if any at all for online game play just wnted to know how much time to invest or to just wait until i get back to play.

thanks

Generally, once you download desura that should be you. You don't have to be connected.

However, build 17.6 retrieves data, and someone has posted that it crashed when he wasn't connected to the internet.

We've been told that the upcoming Beta version will have the option to disable the data requests, so all should be fine again.

So, you could either start at a couple of builds back, or it could come down to how "soon" you will be leaving.

I'm sure if any of the above has changed, there will be someone along shortly to update things.

First time posting. Not sure if this is the right place for this, but since you're sort of already on the topic; I've got the 17.6 hotfix from desura, and every time I complete ground combat the game freezes then crashes to desktop just before the after action report should come up. My internet connection isn't the greatest, so his could just be a problem on my end, but if there's any solution, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. :)

Washbourne - yes, that's exactly what happens if you're not connected to the net unfortunately. The next build has the bug fixed and is due next week, I'm afraid in the meantime there's not much you can do except hope your net doesn't drop.