Character Customization and Weapon Customization

I think it would be a great addition to the game to see more control over our soldier's appearance. One of the things that I loved about X-Com: Enemy Unknown was the ability to actually create a character and being able to control how they looked. Also, the ability to give them armor colors or something along those lines would add a huge amount of immersion and personality to the soldiers. In all of the X-Com games and some of the UFO series games, I had a very deep connection to my characters because I had the ability to look and feel like my friends or other iconic people to me. I feel that it adds a certain level of caring to your soldiers. Especially playing on Ironman Mode and knowing that if my Sgt. Lazzell gets capped by an alien, it'll be the last I see of him D: I would very much enjoy the ability to change my soldiers hair/color/armor color/ect therefore giving them more life and personality. Oh, and adding the ability to give our soldiers armor/weapons camo would be AWESOME. I mean, BEYOND AWESOME.

My second suggestion is weapon customization. You guys will read this and think I am pulling this straight from Call of Duty, but I am not. I would like the ability add weapon attachments and the likes. Something even as simple as a scope, therefore giving an accuracy boost to the weapon. Or even a bayonet to go along with the melee attacks. Anything along those lines. I feel like it would give a tactical/immersion bonus to be able to actually have to think about your soldier's equipment.

But, overall, very great game so far.

Oh dear... All the sprites... They're way over 9000...

Basically, since everything is rendered in 2D, this will never happen. I don't think it'd be a bad idea, but since everything would have to be redone so many times over for only a single color change, much less the level of customization that you're looking for, it'd be way to monumentally difficult and time consuming to do what really won't matter much in the end.

And, you do need to think about your soldiers equipment. Where'd you get the idea that you didn't? Picking each soldiers loadout is essential, basing their gear on their strengths and weaknesses. Besides, wouldn't attachments just be little upgrades to the guns? Why wouldn't you just add every attachment to every gun?

(By the way, even though I'm not a dev and have no control over what ends up in the game, I'm just going to say that attachments are never going to happen. It's more unlikely than the iPhone 5s having both an SD card slot, a removable battery, and a soda fountain preinstalled.)

Not bashing on your ideas if it looks that way, just saying they're super unlikely to make it in.

I read it as the new one.

The faces used in the game are in the assets folder. It might be interesting to see how you can tweak them to match with soldiers. We have people who paid the kick starter tier to get their face in the game and attached to a specific soldier so some of it is certainly possible.

I had fun with UFO:ET using the faces form Aliens etc.