Xenonauts engine

TrashMan

That clears it up. The Earth slopes (very) slightly at the edges and we use magnets to keep the oceans on. Thanks thothkins and erutan.

According to test that I've run, water is amagnetic. I used a large electromagnet on seawater and it stayed in its vessel, no movement detected whatsoever, so it can't be magnets. I have, however, hypothesized, that the water is sucked up by huge vacuum cleaners and then sprayed on random places on the earth as rain. Small scale tests with an adapted vacuum cleaner seem to confirm this, water is sucked in at one end and expelled at the other as a spray very similar to what we see with rain.

So, yeah, magnets keeping the water in check is a huge (possibly alien) conspiracy, don't believe it.

If magnets keep seawater in a bowl, then obviously they keep seawater on the flat earth. Evaporation will still occur, regardless of magnets. In addition, I theorize that waves are caused by dudes pushing other magnets along underneath the flat earth somehow. I am not sure exactly how they stay attached to the bottom of the flat earth, but this is the best explanation I am able to come up with to explain waves. Tides I have no idea, though.