Sign in to follow this  
Russonc

Xenonauts has turned me into an Indie junkie...

I love tapping into Xenonauts every once in a while (I don't want to go too far as I want the "freshness" of a new game once the final version comes out), but being an old timer, I didn't realize how many Indie games are out there these days...I just can't stop picking up games! Darn that Steam Xmas sale...and indie gala...and indie royale and don't get me started about the humble bundles!! Help... Oh never mind I'll just hope back into Osmos to mellow out... or maybe Don't Starve, or Project Zomboid or...:eek:

New Mojam Bundle up at Humble Bundle....Need more cash! Kickstarter is fun as well!!

Edited by Russonc

Xenonauts has turned me into a kickstarter junkie.. Im like a kickstarter obsessed man

Yeah, man. Same with the Russonc's indie obsession! And I can't begin to count the hours spent on FTL... holy crap.

I love that Kickstarter is like a blender for completely mad game ideas. You just don't see this stuff anywhere, right? Like Legend of Dungeon which is an retro pixel art arcade beat 'em up roguelike dungeon crawl on Win/Lin/Mac, with hilarious power-up items (Cthulhu Hat of Protection, a Fish Hat, crazy weapons, etc), that programming team is going to port to that open-source Kickstarted console, OUYA!

Or, Super Comboman, side-scroller cartoon beat 'em up with a focus on crazy gamepad move combos, destructable environment and where your power-ups are like collectible stickers you'd see school kids put on their notebooks. Oh, and the hero is like an awesome chubby Hawaiian dude with a talking fanny pack (I'm not joking).

Or Distance which looks like an amazing sci-fi Tron-like arcade racer where giant glowing circular saw blades can emerge from the track and cut your freaking car in half...

Or Jack Houston and the Necronauts which is a stop-motion-animated point & click graphic adventure rooted in 50's sci-fi like that of Edgar Rice Burroughs (or Perry Rhodan, for fans of classic European sci-fi)...

Where else would all this awesome crazy shit come from? How does any of this even exist?

Edit: BTW, those are the funded ones... I'm not talking about a current campaign, all those games are actually getting made... :D

OMG why did you mention kickstarter......I may run out of money....this is so fun!!! I just hope some of these games (ok especially Xenonauts) complete at some point....I really feel I get my money's worth regardless! I just LOVE the process! Makes me feel like I am involved! (Mojam at Humble Bundle going on now is a good example). I really enjoy the indie groups that respond to there peeps (old school term meaning people/fans/friends/etc). This is so fun.

Xenonauts is squarely aimed to be an absolutely killer game for us core, niche, old-school X-COM audience. Also, for us Linux folks, it's the only real option to have that experience (Goldhawk has committed to an in-built winelib version, with winehq Platinum Level type of stability/functionality). I can't wait to see what the community comes up with... There's a lot to be excited about!