Air Combat UFO's speed indication

Arturius

I've noticed that at air combat screen we can see UFO's damage level but not it's current speed.

From my observations it looks like they are always flying with max speed

Spoiler white font:

Fighter 1800 km/h

Scout 2300 km/h

Corvette 850 km/h

Now I do not know if more advanced AI will allow UFO's to change speed during combat or if some advanced crafts will have some kind of afterburners, but it would be nice to be able to see their current speed.

Possibly if the UFO was to reduce speed in combat for some reason and you were to want to match it then a numerical indicator would have some use.

Otherwise judging the relative speeds, distances, and angles to determine how long you can stay ahead of the enemy chasing you doesn't really require an absolute speed indicator.

Personally I feel it would be more of a fluff text, which isn't such a bad thing either.

Where would you display this speed information to make it clear enough for you?

You are right Gauddlike.

It would be more like fluff text because I'm doing pretty well without it.

But it could be even made an "unlock" - ability to see UFO speed on air combat screen when you research certain topic (Alien Electronics maybe? or next tier of Xenonaut plane).

More info is never bad to have, isn't it?

Now I wanted to take screenshot from current build, but it was impossible so I am posting older screen found on web.

http://s15.postimage.org/qutewvyuj/tmp.png

The speed indicator could be located just as it is in our planes. I've marked the location with yellow line.