Build V17.6 Hotfix released!

Can't really fit Xenonauts anywhere as a comparison yet, not until it's finished!

Unlike some of the x-com style games Xenonauts is more about surviving than surpassing the aliens.

You might stand a chance of scraping enough tech together to hold them off but once their big guns arrive it is about working around their strengths rather than punching through them.

Have to wait and see how effectively that works though once the game is complete and the balance is worked out.

Unlike some of the x-com style games Xenonauts is more about surviving than surpassing the aliens.

It will be interesting to see if the balancing does give you that feeling. There's always the chance that players will be doing well enough to be handling the enemy with ease, just before a ticker event starts off the increased frequency. Hopefully, it will be about more than just numbers that lead you to having to do the final mission.

In my first X-Com game, the only delay in getting to Cydonia was because I didn't notice the bar at the top of the screen for an in game week :) The troops had a variety of kit. But I felt I had to go, because I had no idea what was coming next.

In my first X-Com game, the only delay in getting to Cydonia was because I didn't notice the bar at the top of the screen for an in game week :) The troops had a variety of kit. But I felt I had to go, because I had no idea what was coming next.

In my first xcom run I didn't manage to figure out how to use the psi stuff and took out Cydonia with laser tech. I was a bit on the younger side. Lost around 75% of my soldiers but it was worth it!