Got my archive question asnwered, now the next logical question...

Thomas

I downloaded the standalone version and have been seeing what makes this baby tick. Glad to see it uses Lua scripting WOOT! Anyways now for the important bit I saw a package tool in the release will the files HAVE to be repacked or can the archive be deleted and have the engine use them in loose folders if no archive exists? What I am getting to is how would i distribute mods to people using the compressed version. If the archive can be deleted a simple batch file to delete or rename the archive then copy the mod would be simple.

Thanks as always!

BTW - This is one of the best game communities I have had the pleasure of dealing with.

I haven't done this myself yet, I've been a little busy elsewhere. But if you read the 17.5 release notes the game will scan the assets directory for pre-existing files before loading from the archive. Were I you, if you haven't deleted the Desura client version yet. don't. You can experiment to see how it works. And perhaps tell the rest of us?