Exract .pfp archives

Thomas

Thomas, if you look at Giovanni's comment again, you can see this is an engine-specific archive format, so even if you could unpack the archive (which you can't without the engine-specific tools to do so), it wouldn't be in a form understandable to you. Giovanni goes on to say that you will probably have to download the standalone to mod Xenonauts. On the plus side, when you have downloaded the standalone, you can put that on both of your computers!

Thanks for the replys! Hopefully they will keep the stand alones after release for us modders )..I am currently downloading it now can I have the desura version and standalone on thesame computer or should i ditch desura?

Again I thank you Max! Just tryin to get up to speed and involved in the commuunity sorry for the dumb questions.

Edited by Thomas

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I need to resurrect this thread, because i have accidentally found proper unpacker for pfp archives.

QuickBMS generic files extractor and reimporter - http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

And pfp script for it, from a little lower on the same page - http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/pfpk.bms

Just download both, unpack and run quickbms, point it to saved script, to game archive and where to extract everything.

Tested it on archives from 18.5 and 18.4 - seems to be working just fine.

Chris, can you do some internal testing, since only you can create archives, to further confirm, if it works right.

I need to resurrect this thread, because i have accidentally found proper unpacker for pfp archives.

QuickBMS generic files extractor and reimporter - http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm

And pfp script for it, from a little lower on the same page - http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/bms/pfpk.bms

Just download both, unpack and run quickbms, point it to saved script, to game archive and where to extract everything.

Tested it on archives from 18.5 and 18.4 - seems to be working just fine.

Chris, can you do some internal testing, since only you can create archives, to further confirm, if it works right.

This tool is great! It seems able to open and repack almost any game file type known..

Bookmarked the page, and thanks for sharing!

Best part is that you can write scripts for new archive types if you know their format specs.

I have used it for Witcher 2 when it just came out, and remembered about the tool when recently Witcher updated. When i looked if there is something for pfp, i was pleasantly surprised that there is script for it already =)

Glad to be of help =)

• 1 month later...

You will have to be a bit more specific than that. ;)

At which part of the process does it fail - packing or integration into the running game?

You do not need to pack them if you are merely testing. Just make a new folder, copy the unpacked pfp files (2) into that folder, and the game will no longer use their files. Then just copy the unpacked folders over their traditional counterparts. There is no overwriting, at least with v18, so it is easy. I stumbled on the above means of unpacking pfp files a month ago and tested a few alterations to some of the equip screen textures and backgrounds. The game incorporated them without complaint and ran fine without re-packing them.