Build V17.6 Incoming

Chris

Loki - there's an announcement about the Mac versions in the patch notes for it, that will appear later this weekend with the build. In short, the new version of OSX has broken all compatibility with the current and previous builds of Xenonauts. We're looking at it to see if it's viable to fix up all the errors or if the Mac versions just isn't possible any more. But we'll keep you posted.

Neonpanzer - yes, the date crash should be fixed.

Oooh sweet, I'm probably gonna give desura another blast this time since it is a bit easier on the whole game files stuff. I find sudden hanging while the game loads some animation or some text very annoying, I'm hoping the condensed version will resolve this issue.

In short, the new version of OSX has broken all compatibility with the current and previous builds of Xenonauts. We're looking at it to see if it's viable to fix up all the errors or if the Mac versions just isn't possible any more.

So Chris, you're saying that it's possible that there won't be a version for OS X at all? What changed in the new version that messed things up so drastically? I've played the Alpha on OS X 10.8 before (a while ago), so is it a recent update to OS X 10.8 that broke it?

Yes, the latest version of OSX changed something that broke an entire class of textures in the game, and now whenever it tries to load one of them it just crashes. We're still looking into it but it's possible we'll have to withdraw the Mac version entirely.

Yes, the latest version of OSX changed something that broke an entire class of textures in the game, and now whenever it tries to load one of them it just crashes. We're still looking into it but it's possible we'll have to withdraw the Mac version entirely.

Sad to hear that (even if I do not use Mac)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

it works in wineskin gorgeously on my mid 2009 macbook pro. It can be sort of hit and miss with wine on mac at times, but I haven't had any trouble with this game yet. I'm currently running v17.52 + Hotfix and wineskin made it work with no modifications or anything.

Ditto. I also was easily able to make it work without any prior experience with Wineskin. There are no issues or bugs that weren't already a problem when I was running it on my PC desktop.