next update

My understanding , he typed putting words into WarPig's mouth, is that considering the gulf of time fans have had to wait for something that captured the feel of EU1994, that a higher degree of latitude regarding bugs would be acceptable.

Just having a game that#s nearly there would be great, as long as everything's ironed out in the end. I'd not get hung up on the figures.

Awaits WarPigs "No! the figures are everything you misunderstanding thothkins you!" post :)

I've never seen a big, sandboxy game be completely bugless on release. But remember this isn't release yet. It's not even Beta yet, this is still an alpha release. And you can expect big bugs in an alpha. These aren't too terrible either, I recall EVE online once issued a patch that, instead of deleting C:/.../Eve Online/boot.ini made the game delete C:/boot.ini. Now THAT is a major problem, the game freezing up during an alpha test is... meh, annoying.

I've never seen a big, sandboxy game be completely bugless on release. But remember this isn't release yet. It's not even Beta yet, this is still an alpha release. And you can expect big bugs in an alpha. These aren't too terrible either, I recall EVE online once issued a patch that, instead of deleting C:/.../Eve Online/boot.ini made the game delete C:/boot.ini. Now THAT is a major problem, the game freezing up during an alpha test is... meh, annoying.

WTF how on earth??

I DID have a problem back when xcom was still quite new, I bought this game called quarantine. I Installed it and played it for a bit, then turened of the puter for dinner. When I turned it back on as It tried to perform it's start up memory check it said "cache memory too bad" and wouldn't boot anything. Not even drivers for A:\ at one point. At first it did cos I did A test and played "magic boy" off a floppy disk for 5 mins. After I managed to get hold of the windows boot disks it wouldn't recognise the A:\ so I couldn't re install windows. (I was only like 8,9 or 10 at the time) Anyway we had to get this Dave bloke to take it away and sort it. When it came back he had managed to recover windows and all the files stored on there. Windows 3.11 and my good old REAL ms-dos command prompt

What arbitrary procentuals. o.0

I can't really tell how something can be 90% polished tbh, wouldn't the current level of polish always be 100%? 90% would mean you reverted some of the polish to an earlier less polished stage?

90% game and 10% bugs sounds like a lot of bugs to me... or is it 10% of the initial bugs that arose when developing? (still a lot though)

This probably comes off as nitpicky... But I really can't tell what you mean because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me :( Sorry.

Sweden?

My understanding , he typed putting words into WarPig's mouth, is that considering the gulf of time fans have had to wait for something that captured the feel of EU1994, that a higher degree of latitude regarding bugs would be acceptable.

Just having a game that#s nearly there would be great, as long as everything's ironed out in the end. I'd not get hung up on the figures.

Awaits WarPigs "No! the figures are everything you misunderstanding thothkins you!" post :)

I'm glad you understood me, thanks.

not a prblem. Now if you'll just help with with the Gorlom's idea of polish reduction.

90% would mean you reverted some of the polish to an earlier less polished stage?

kidding Gorlom :) I just keep picturing the Time Machine going back to an age where there was less polish in the world.

time-machine.jpg

time-machine.jpg

time-machine.jpg.57d95d4625ac15d189874af

Edited by thothkins

I just took it as WarPigs asking which country you were from. There's a question mark on it, after all. WarPigs worked it out either from ,a previously unknown to me, obsession that Swedish people have on game polish, or from you mentioning it before.

it was a rather aggressive looking question mark though, so perhaps it only looked like a question, and really was a very concise attack on your nation and all it holds dear! But probably not.

If I'm right on this one, I'm off to the UN for a translation job.

Day 1: The Caesians want to be our friends. They come in peace.

I just took it as WarPigs asking which country you were from. There's a question mark on it, after all. WarPigs worked it out either from ,a previously unknown to me, obsession that Swedish people have on game polish, or from you mentioning it before.

I assumed he figured it out from my listed location under my avatar...