next update

hi i play the game using desura if that helps.

the game stops working on 29th sep 1979 .times of freeze are 6:45.10 ,6:42.33 ,6:43.12.

iv stopped all research and manufacturing.but still not working,anyhelp would be appriciated,this has only happened since i done the v17.52 update

thanks for any help u can give

how it not a bug ,i would class it as a bug , when a game dose not work because of a software.that is a bug isnt it lmao,so rigth forum

and how is it a bit whiny

I think alcari was trying to say the first post wasn't really a bug report. Which would be what this forum section is dedicated to.

Most people ask the "when is new release" question in the announcement part of the forum.. usually the last release announcement. I guess he thought it to be more appropriet in that part or something? Not sure why though. :P

I don't really see the whiny part. See a bit of impatience but we are all impatient ;) so that's fine.

Not a bug, so wrong forum...

Also slightly whiny :P

??? not a bug ??? So this is how the game is intended??

"aliens have crashed the Geoscape commander"

"Quick initiate ctrl alt del"

"task manager systems online"

Or do you mean the asking when the update is due bit??

Edited by djlogue

his post was not whiny, this is whiny:

about 3weeks ago i found out about this game as a new xcom (more like original version), i read some things on web about it, foud out that som1 is working for like 3 years now on it, and i said that to preorder because they really must have something nice by now, preordered, downloaded, played a little and the the geoscape freeze he is talking about that makes the game totally unplayable = major bug

i said, ok, it is a bug, happens, it is a work in progress, so som1 will work on it soon

it is 2 weeks and not one feedback about a date on the fix by now

sorry but i am starting to get a little frustrated here - not because it is a dam bug, but because of the poor feedback on the bugs section

Edited by gorea

his post was not whiny, this is whiny:

about 3weeks ago i found out about this game as a new xcom (more like original version), i read some things on web about it, foud out that som1 is working for like 3 years now on it, and i said that to preorder because they really must have something nice by now, preordered, downloaded, played a little and the the geoscape freeze he is talking about that makes the game totally unplayable = major bug

i said, ok, it is a bug, happens, it is a work in progress, so som1 will work on it soon

it is 2 weeks and not one feedback about a date on the fix by now

sorry but i am starting to get a little frustrated here - not because it is a dam bug, but because of the poor feedback on the bugs section

I sympathise with your frustration brother but please bare in mind that this is only an alpha test (as you know) The feedback from devs is very good in my eyes. I have observed this community for over a year and have nothing but positives for them. I know you have only recently joined so you wouldn't know this but please trust me the feedback is good on here.

If you read a few posts up from chris (lead dev) it says:

Yeah, we're aware of this, sorry. It'll be fixed in the next version, probably some time next week.

So please have faith :)

Chris usualy provides information about such things in the announcement forum rather than the bug report forum. He stops by here occationally as demonstrated but info about gamestoppers will as mentioned usually be in the announcement thread for that build version (Most likely in a response to some user that is mentioning it or asking about it there.)

no need to apologise, you are a customer and are entitled to a good old gripe every now and then :P

Only thing I will point out is that Goldhawk have had a few issues during the production that have slowed things down like paypal freezing their account, and the game engine developers ignoring them when asking for the source code. But things are really starting to shape up now, the game is looking great and the road to beta is in full swing.

Also some of the AI is currently disabled and that is why the aliens wont leave the UFO until discovered.

Roll on next week so we can see what the next update has in store :)

I have been waiting for a TFTD successor for ages, this one seems like its going to be it. So I don't mind waiting for a 90% polished product, I think a 10% bugs is acceptable, no software is bug free, as long as developers keep on working to remove the remaining bugs.

I have been waiting for a TFTD successor for ages, this one seems like its going to be it. So I don't mind waiting for a 90% polished product, I think a 10% bugs is acceptable, no software is bug free, as long as developers keep on working to remove the remaining bugs.

What arbitrary procentuals. o.0

I can't really tell how something can be 90% polished tbh, wouldn't the current level of polish always be 100%? 90% would mean you reverted some of the polish to an earlier less polished stage?

90% game and 10% bugs sounds like a lot of bugs to me... or is it 10% of the initial bugs that arose when developing? (still a lot though)

This probably comes off as nitpicky... But I really can't tell what you mean because it doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me :( Sorry.