I can't seems to download the stand alone of this version. Its taking too long. I tried leaving my computer on over night, last night, to no avail, it just cut off from the server and left and error message to the affect that it was disconnected. Right now it says 71KB/s with only 800megs downloaded after about 2 hours. I have dsl that runs about 250kb/s average. I know that is slower that usual but I've download 8-12 gig games from steam over night with no problem.

I am from the United States, eastern part, Connecticut, that's near New York. I guess you don't have any strong servers in the USA. Should I just give up and wait for the next alpha version? I didn't bother to download it on release and not until now because of the date crash bug that people are experiencing. Should I then just wait for the next alpha build?

Edited by windex

Well I did manage to download it last night this time around but maybe I'll wait and not install it. The next version should be out soon

and I don't like to keep deleting all the old files every time I go to the next version. I wish there was a way to uninstall it. I'm afraid that Just deleting the files in the main folder leaves a lot of old registry fragments on the hard drive and in windows.

Is there a way to uninstall the whole program? Maybe, I need to run the installer to uninstall it?

and I don't like to keep deleting all the old files every time I go to the next version. I wish there was a way to uninstall it. I'm afraid that Just deleting the files in the main folder leaves a lot of old registry fragments on the hard drive and in windows.

If you're replacing one version of a program with another version of the same program it will use the same (if any) registry entries. :)