14th Jan Dev Update

Chris

Xenosquirrels, activate!

radister, I know it can also mean a place to keep items, of course. But store has two meanings that could both be used in the context of the game. That's why I think it's a worse choice of a word than others that are less ambiguous.

Wouldn't "storage", "warehouse", "armory", "munitions" or "inventory" be better?
But store has two meanings that could both be used in the context of the game. That's why I think it's a worse choice of a word than others that are less ambiguous.

Inventory wouldn't work as that is usually used to refer to the personal carrying capacity of the individual troops.

Munitions or armoury are also misleading as you store other things in there as well, such as building materials.

Storage to me is a place you put your unwanted items that you don't want to throw away.

Like putting furniture in storage until you move into a larger house and need it.

Warehouse may work although it does have connotations to me of a place to store goods for sale.

Pretty much any word you pick will have other possible connotations to some people.

My personal preference would be Quartermaster but that may not work for others.

Or maybe Temple of the Flammenwerfer'...

Larder, that were i keep the nuts for the Xenosquirrels.

I think Store fits better then most words however i can see some people not liking it.

Personally I go with the word Locker or Lockup and have Weapon Locker and so.

tho General Locker doesn't work too well. Nor should it be good to say Personally Lockup, it be like the place we imprison our staff.

Flat Pack Wardrobe - Xenonauts sponsored by IKEA

Shed - Xenonauts combine world saving with Landscape Gardening

Pantry - Freshly baked biscuits (no pancakes) for every Xenonaut leaving the Chinook!

Stores works for me. Not as good as "The Place Where We Keep Stuff" but easier to roll off the tongue.