Build V17.51 Released!

OK, we've just patched the Ferret-driving-through-the-wall crash bug and are updating the Desura auto-updater branches with V17.51. Dunno how long Desura will take to approve it, but I'm not uploading the standalones until I've confirmed it's fixed :)

The update contains only a patched Xenonauts.exe, which can be downloaded direct here: http://www.xenonauts.com/devfiles/Xenonauts.exe

Let me know how stable the game is with the update. The save game crash etc has not been patched, just the destruction of terrain crash.

I tried blowing up multiple wall sections, shot my own man by accident and ran over every wall around. Nothing there.

However!

When I assaulted the Small Scout which had two Ceasans in it, both seemingly unarmed, I shot one with a shotgun which suppressed the other one. I ended my turn and the game froze , It remains fixated on that Ceasan who is not doing anything, though I can still move my mouse, it won't let me go to the main menu or any other command. Should also note that the FPS counter is still ticking.

This is on the new Farm map.

Other things.

- UFO's are not showing, replaced by dirt.

- When I opened the UFO door with my soldier, her weapon was destroyed leaving some scrap in her inventory.

*EDIT * After replaying the same level something interesting happened. I shot a Ceasan with a precision rifle only to have the game crash.

*EDIT 2* I tested the precision rifles again, I shot a wall, a soldier and a Sebillian and nothing happened. Either the crash was coincidence or it was because it was a Ceasan.

Edited by Steelpoint

Hey!

I just tested current build - standalone + file you put in here Chris.

Game crashed on first ground battle after i throw granate and it dropped under "hunter".

Tested on i5-2500k, 8gb ram and gtx570 + w7 64bit

edit: it is not happening every time unfortunately :(

Edited by mar3k

Almost like it's not meant to be, Centiles :)

Well I'm still working at my reading skills ;)

Civilians in ground combat seem kind of broken. Sometimes they suddenly disappear or get invisible. BTW I've got the same problem in XCOM:EU, where aliens suddenly get invisible.

I've also seen civilians kind of teleporting from A to B where "A is far from B".

Edited by centiles

We're going to release another fix in the next few days that hopefully fixes most of the crash bugs.

Wooo :D

Will it help with some of the broken savegames? It's slightly annoying to have to do a mental checklist of things that will break the save, every time I hit the save button :P