(Schrodingers Box)
(Our particular world) - mixed
(Steel Fenders - fate of the King) - atm, story
(Stop the clocks) - romance,atmosphere, story
(Glad you came) - happy, romance
(Love struck) - drama, story
(Rock'NRollaZ) - song
(attack on titan - give me a reason)

actually, since this is the anime thread after all.

I liked Ghost in the Shell and it's follow up moveis and TV series. What other anime out there is of a similar nature? Hard Sci-fi, detective more than muscle bound pitched battles, near fururistic?

Gundam (Wing is awesome, Seed is freaking awesome, I should finish that) is cool, just throwing that out there.

I enjoyed Yuyu Hakisho (if that's how you spell it; I've not seen it in years) as well.

I liked Ghost in the Shell and it's follow up moveis and TV series. What other anime out there is of a similar nature? Hard Sci-fi, detective more than muscle bound pitched battles, near fururistic?

Ergo Proxy is somewhat similar, although I haven't really watched it.

Appleseed is a bit more action-oriented (though not exceedingly so), but the original manga was also drawn by Masamune Shirow (author of Ghost in the Shell and therefore cannot be ignored. The movie's cell-shade-styled visuals got old quickly, but it's not that important.

Dennou Coil has an absolutely stunning cyberpunk plot and fairly good execution, but it's very different as it centres on a group of kids.

Let me know when you're done with these, I'll think of something more then. :D

The hardest sci-fi anime I know is Planetes. A great naime b.t.w.

For a more brain-power oriented sci-fi anime, you also have Starship Operators and the great classic Legend of Galactic Heroes. Be warned - LOGH is over 100 episodes long, has TONS and TONS of characters and lots of talk about politics.

And for something more concetrated and close to the GiTS, you can try Serial Experiments Lain.

sel_lain028.jpg

Just.. be careful.

sel_lain028.jpg

sel_lain028.jpg.0efbc9c6e2732e3c5e0fce4a

TrashMan — grats for the Planetes. Wonderful thing.

I have kind of a question too: Best space battles in anime? Preferably hand-drawn. I'm allergic to the bad CG's (

Anything.

I've lurked a bit, and found this:

This period in anime (80-90s) is enigmatic for me. I'd like to fix that. Drawing and animation quality is unbeliveable.

Oooh, that looked very good. Reminded me of a scene from the HG Wells Things to Come movie from 1936

I also spotted a link to Patlabor, another one that I liked quite a bit.

Anything.

I've lurked a bit, and found this:

This period in anime (80-90s) is enigmatic for me. I'd like to fix that. Drawing and animation quality is unbeliveable.

They call underwear "zubon" in the show, which is hilarious, because that's the word they use for pants in Japanese. In that world, underwear is the new pants!

Thing is, I know many people who would play a Strike Witches mod. :)

(Not sure if I would. :P)

Following Andron and Medium Drone research Xenonauts have created an aerial combat drone to take on enemy craft.

At this stage in the alien invasion, the aliens are now plunging huge numbers of craft into the atmosphere in a final attempt to subdue the Earth.

Late stage air combat becomes a pitched aerial battle between 12 of your nimble combat drones against 30 alien ships! Mayhem!

Yeah, I'd play that :) Just not sure about the way they look though...