TrashMan

Anime

Thank you. My raging hatred of Bakemonogatari, once doused by the sands of time and the emergence of several other, more readily hateable anime, has reignited and now burns once more, a raging inferno like the forges of hell.

(Funnily enough, I actually quite enjoyed Katanagatari after the first two episodes.)

Don't you mena Nisemonogatari?

That one is very inaproppriate, slow paced and full of fanservice, so it suffers despite a few great gags/moments.

Bakemonogatari and Nekomonogatari (Kuro) are actually very good.

[video=youtube;gcgePyH5lDk]

(Dark Knight - enjoy the darkness)
(Paradise) visual

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV5akBZFk6Q (Shot Me - Black Lagoon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FmhG8B8z3s (Shut it down - boko)

(Simple Little Melody)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-a9VCSOGkc (Turn it Upo - Mixed)

(Where I am now - AMV mix)
(Clash - boko) Edited by TrashMan

FMA, huh. Strangely enough i've met too many people who prefer original series, even though Brotherhood is far better in character development, plot and animations.

You've reminded me, it's time to get The Sacred Star of Milos.

You have to be crazy to think the thrown together one was better than the one based on the finished manga.

Original was a 7, real one was a 9.

Sometimes anime is better than manga.

So you don't have to be crazy. Personally I liked the original more.

@Trashman

I liked the original as well, but I felt the whole key plot/ending lacked depth.

I was really turned off by the "Other Dimension" ending which turned out to be "our" dimension/reality during WW I or II I cant remember.

I also thought the concept of when people in one dimension use Alchemy the energy required was really the life energy of people in the other "our" dimension causing them to die.

So when the main characters did anything, even mundane things like fixing the radio, someone died...you are left with the thought that fixing a radio resulted in a small child being hit by a bus or just dropping dead in our world.

Thats...strange.

MEh.

Frankly I like it more than "durr..I'm some guy wanting to become GOD!".

With the brothers being separated, but with hope remaining, it was a bittersweet ending that at least for me, fits better.

That said, watched Bleach. Ye gods.

I thought Pegasus Seiya was a insufferable Mary Sue. Well, he is, but Ichigo is a even worse God-Mode Sue.

And WTF is up with Soul Society? I've never seen a more disfunctional afterlife.

Plate tectonics make much more sense as an alchemical power source (or the "dragon's pulse" for alkahestry) than people's souls in another dimension. The ending just didn't fly for me.

Plus, a homunculus being born whenever the taboo is committed also didn't make sense. I mean, it kinda did, but why were there always seven homunculi at any given time (basically), and why were they automatically given one of the seven deadly sins, one that hadn't been taken by any of the other homunculi yet? What did Ed and Al's mother have to do with slothfulness, anyway?

Also, the original pissed me off in that they let Shao Tucker survive for as long as he did. He was a horrible person! I mean, how could they let him survive, who transmuted his own daughter? No, when Scar blew his head up in FMA:B I was glad he was dead; no more creepy "child-molester" in the show, thank you.

I'll agree on the last one with you. That said, evil guys sometimes getting away is kinda...realistic.

Watching Gintamama now . Very good.

OMFG, anime watchers with good taste (which means, whom I agree with). How rare!

Well, if I was to suggest anything unmentioned yet:

• Azumanga Daioh, 2003. A slice of life comedy with some eerie moments, which I often call my favourite anime series ever. It's before the "high school girls doing stuff" idea went berserk and destroyed half the industry for me (K-On! imitators, I'm looking at you).
  • Excel Saga, 1999. Also a comedy, but on the extremely wacky side. The humour is a bit heavy-handed, but it's also absolutely brilliant and clever. Especially attractive for mature, cynical viewers.
  • 3x3 Eyes, 1991. I've seen a poster of this anime back in mid-90's and wanted to see it ever since; it delivered. A very good adventure/supernatural story, rather hardcore but with some humour to balance it out. First class stuff, embodying the charm of the classics.
  • El Hazard: The Magnificent World, 1995. A fantasy adventure with the best villain I've ever seen in anime, seriously. Oh, and don't watch Wanderers - it's the same story stretched out and thinned.
  • The Big O, 1999. If Bruce Wayne had a humongous mecha and was way cooler. Also, gynoid sidekick maids!
  • Interstella5555: The 5tory of The 5ecret 5tar 5ystem, 2003. An over 1 hour long videoclip to Daft Punk's music, with an actual sci-fi plot. Very cool.
  • Fairy Tail, 2009. My favourite shounen, still guilty of most shounen traits (annoying protagonist, plots that are often just excuses for battles etc.), but certainly the most entertaining to me. A rare example of anime that is less than 10 years old but good.

There is more of course, but I didn't want to make this post too heavy on the content... If you're interested, you can check my MyAnimeList account at http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Solarius_Scorch&show=0&order=4 to see what else I liked.

OMFG, anime watchers with good taste (which means, whom I agree with). How rare!

You talkin 'bout me?

I like quite a few oldies. Good old 80 and 90's....

2013-01-07.jpg