TrashMan

Anime

Finished watching Welcome to NHK... gobbled it in one day (catching the flu has it's benefits). Very good show.

Now watching Usagi Drop. Now this is a good mood lifter and very heartwarming.

Can a mod please re-name this thread to "ANIME - the emotional roalercoaster" ?

Also, time for some parodies:

<---- the literal version Edited by TrashMan

Hey Trashman,

Have you seen Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? I noticed that it wasn't on your list, and thought I'd recommend it. It's MUCH better than the original FMA anime, partly because it actually follows the manga's plot and doesn't contain nearly as much filler. Great series.

Oh, and I agree with your statement on Darker than Black. Very confusing.

FMA, huh. Strangely enough i've met too many people who prefer original series, even though Brotherhood is far better in character development, plot and animations.

You've reminded me, it's time to get The Sacred Star of Milos.

FMA was a good show.

I've seen parts of Brotherhood, but sometimes "follows the managa" is not a plus point for me...sometimes the anime plot is better than the managa one.

Never did much like the manga ending and the whole sucking the souls of the world bit adn "Father". Call me crazy but the ending of FMA just sits better with me, filler or not.

Not to say that Brotherhood doesn't have it's moments. Like every scene with Alex Luis Armstrong for example.

Here can be, like, tons of text about one being better than other, but i'll pass. Two are better then one - that's what matters.

Hellsing pair was in similar situation. Well, at least until the last ova episode came out. Longest speech pauses i've ever heard.

Has anyone here seen Perfect Blue?

I kind of wish most Hollywood thrillers approached the subject of loss of identity & sanity as well

My god, anime looks stunning these days. It's a shame there's no robots fighting each other (and I was under the impression that was mandatory...)

Long gone are the days of "fist of the north star" and "Devil boy" with their really slow frame animation.

OMG the other day I watched the street fighter 2 manga film. I remember when I saw it back in the 90' and I was like OMG Chun Li's boobies in the shower. Also lots of swearing, back hen it was rare to hear game characters swearing. I don't actully think I know one game that came out on the NES or SNES that had naughty words in it. Maybe i'm wrong , but nintendo had VERY strict rules to have their games published on their consoles, but would no offensive language have been part of their criteria?

LOL Remember the drama that kicked of when Game genie came out. They took them to court and everything over that(and lost). They didn't want any developers making games for their consoles unless they had given them the seal of approval. I know a few other games came out that had black cartridges etc. I'm not sure if they took the same route with the SNES TBH

Time to revive this thread. (Can a mod please re-name it to anime)

Here are variosu funny clips cobbled together for you LOL's

I've recognised enough of them to consider getting myself a new life.

Also, i really want a mod which would play "MMMM Whatcha Say" every time my soldier dies.

Hey TrashMan, can you suggest some of the newer titles worth watching? Last thing i've got to enjoy was "Level E", and that's not even 2012. 2012 sucks.

OMG the other day I watched the street fighter 2 manga film. I remember when I saw it back in the 90' and I was like OMG Chun Li's boobies in the shower.

You mean this?

Some nice animation

Why? Because I simply didn't like them.

TTGL was overblown and too campy for my tastes.

FLCL was meh... weird, not really funny and I was never a fan of SYMBOLISM!!!!!!

In terms of anime within the last year, I enjoyed a Cyberpunk anime called PSYCHO-PASS. which ended recently. It never actually reached "amazing", but it was pretty good throughout.

If anyone hasn't seen them yet, Code Geass are worth the watch

The art stlye is horrible.

I can pretty much stomach almsot everything, but there are a few art style that really put me off.

Clannad, for example...you can park an aircraft carrier between dem eyes!

The K-on stlye is also too...girly.. but still better than Clannads.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/quality

Edited by TrashMan

My art style perceptors had a great feast on the Katanagatari. Some great points in the plot as well.

This new anime...the visualssssssssssss.. THE VISUALS! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

24198046.jpg