Unofficial Hub - Xenonauts Wish List

(RESOLVED) After playing more missions, I like the grenades as they are. They actually work great and I would rarely stop to use delay, or even a proximity grenade, when I can simply throw and kill. I can see by the animation how it would be unable to make the effect anyway.

Idea for the Weapon Damage. (RESOLVED)

Here's a quick example of the Weapon Range/Accuracy/Damage modifier that I see in my head.

Sniper Rifle 7.62mm (% numbers are not literal)

---------------------------------------------------

RANGE.......................ACCURACY................DAMAGE

Over 35 tiles away =.........+8%......................-4%

25-35 tiles away.=..........+4%.......................-2%

15-25 tiles away.=......no change................no change

8-15 tiles away..=..........-4%.......................+2

8-0 tiles away....=..........-8%.......................+4

Using this template with the shotgun, it would then be backwards. AR-15 would fall in between.

Edited by HoboRed
RESOLVED - Weapon Damage/Range Modifiers

The current precision rifle (45 damage) and mg (40 damage) are pretty close to the same within their range.

For comparison the assault rifle does 25 and the shotgun does 40, same as the precision rifle.

The drop off at range is a lot earlier with the shotgun which means outside of its range (8 tiles) it soon does less damage than any of the other weapons mentioned.

The machine gun does have a longer range than the precision rifle, it has much lower accuracy though so you would be less likely to hit out to max range.

tacobandit

In regards to the sniper riffle, if you can read, IRL snipers suck up close with out a CCO, I already went over this, if your going to try and troll, go back to the steam forums

Calm down, no need to be so aggressive. He didn't even respond to one of your posts. o.0

People need to be allowed to either miss things or disagree with you. Otherwise this becomes the same thing as Steam forums. :(

Okay Guaddlike, thanks for that info.

After I finally figured out that by just hovering my mouse over the weapon, it shows damage, I have to resolve that one. I still wasn't sure how this game calculated range and accuracy but you just clarified that for me as well.

@ Gorlom

Tacobandit is a very active troll in the steam forums, I'm just making sure that its nipped in the bud since he followed me over to here.

Otherwise I'll chill as you requested and let you guys handle any problems as you see fit

@Gauddlike Awesome intel, thanks for the link

@ Gorlom

Tacobandit is a very active troll in the steam forums, I'm just making sure that its nipped in the bud since he followed me over to here.

Otherwise I'll chill as you requested and let you guys handle any problems as you see fit

@Gauddlike Awesome intel, thanks for the link

I actually pre-ordered this game because chollirem suggested it. And chollirem is troll #2 on the steam forums.

Anyways, any chance that you guys will make the hit detection more like UFO Defense?

At this time I would like to request adding a Slider Bar for selling/transfers from storage. Clicking and holding an arrow to slowly sell 1000 Alien Alloy kinda sucks when you just want to make some quick cash and get back into the battle.

Or maybe just allow players to type in a number value for selling/transfers.

Edited by HoboRed

HWP thanks for that intel, this first,....dunno about, but the second one Im glad to hear, I like how things are here, more fun and laid back

lol gorlom...oh look my trolldom was drop kicked.... oh look : )

...i give him...4 points (he only bounced twice on impact and had a poor dismount)

Edited by Chollirem

"I once was stuck on a v14 build, while everyone else was playing/testing a v17.1 one."

We really should have taken advantage of that to go on about force fields, quantum missiles and mutually assured destruction of the alien fleet and Earth, just to make you really wonder what was going on. Missed opportunity :)