Build V17.5 Released!

Thx Khall, pls put the text in CODE-Tags.

b) Why is the Geoscape UI (the Earth map window) still the old one? All others use the new style with the buttons in the center.

Same question as this. ALso had a lockup(like another person on the previous page) during enemies turn, had to close the game.

Why does the download grind to a halt?

It simply stops and doesn't budge for an hour....:mad:

Personally, I've taken to downloading the standalone zip as it seems a much more reliable way of getting it than the Desura in-client download system, then simply manually extracting it to the Desura/Common/Xenonauts folder, before running Desura and letting it do a file check for "old" files.

Edited by Buzzles

Yeah, finally it's there. Good thing i've got another day to spend on Xenonauts :D

(the screen scales widthways rather than vertically when you use 16:10 rather than 16:9)

WHYYYYYY?

Edit: Massive kudos for the monstrous server at Desure. 25MB/s, and that's only because my hd can't handle any more :o

I can confirm this also, just had a crash where a machinegunner hit a fence in a desert map.

uninstalled version 17.1 & installed 17.5 (OK)

also bullets hittng fences crashed game

scout car thru fences-bales etc crashed game

removed antialiasing fixed problem

4 alien small scout recoveries OK

but after every mission geoscape crashed

just reloaded last autosave & was OK

Shot down larger scout OK

Chinook to recvery site & game crashed as screen was loading

Looks Great though CHEERS :rolleyes:

I can confirm this also, just had a crash where a machinegunner hit a fence in a desert map.

Hmmm, I was able to destroy a bricked wall numerous times. OTOH, once I threw a grenade (not sure if I destroyed something) and the game crashed. Unfortunately very unstable.

Yep, I've also had the game crash from a grenade hitting cover and a machine gun firing a burst at a Sebillian.

I've noticed that my to hit chance hasn't been displaying even when my soldier has a clear line of site. Could this be linked at all? Could the problem be something to do with LoS calculations or something?

I tried changing the options settings to see if I could not get the crash when my Hunter runs over a wall/hay/etc.

Changing the Anti-Aliasing did not work nor putting the game in windowed. Also changing the resolutions too did not work.

I will state that I am playing at 1980x1080 and I am using the Standalone.

I just registered to confirm that this build is rather unstable atm. As mentioned above, using a hunter to plow through hay/barriers caused my game to immediately crash.

I like to watch movies on the side while gaming so I was in Windowed mode, 1024x768 resolution. AA - ON

Hopefully an emergency patch is in order. This build seems fantastic otherwise and I would love to test it out fully.

Edit: Specs - Quad 2.6 lynnfield. ATI 7850. 6 gigs ram. Win 7 64 bit.

Edited by Wiltdog