Build V17.5 Released!

oddly enough, when I checked Desura today, it showed an update for Xenonauts (even though I was running 17.5).

I re-applied the update (which seems to have satisfied Desura), removed AA from the option settings,

and tried a new game.

No crash as of yet on the Desert tile set having already run through several sections of wire fence, and a couple other destructible items on the ground with the Hunter. This is a definite improvement over what happened last time, which was a crash any time I ran over something like this with the Hunter.

(Fingers crossed)

Made it through the one mission without a problem.

Next mission, did something stupid and lost a soldier, so will be restarting again.

But.. NO CRASH!

Edited by TNoyce

Sad to report but I received another crash today.

It was during an Arctic mission (which was beautiful) and when I crouched-shot a enemy the game crashed. Literally as soon as the bullet hit the xeno the game froze. It might be a bug with the xeno death animation or death sound.

Otherwise it was running really smooth.

Made it through the one mission without a problem.

Next mission, did something stupid and lost a soldier, so will be restarting again.

Why? Take the loss like a man.

The game (and all the other Xcom type games) are much more enjoyable if you run with the losses rather than save scrubbing to get a 'perfect' game.

With the hotfix the build seems much more stable, I was able to complete the quick mission at least.

However, it seems as if walls can no longer be vaulted over. And I found two Sebillians stuck hiding in some brown blocky...thing, which I think was maybe supposed to be a light scout judging by the shape of it. Although, thinking about it, since when has the quick mission included a crash site? :confused:

And I found two Sebillians stuck hiding in some brown blocky...thing, which I think was maybe supposed to be a light scout judging by the shape of it.:

I saw this too. It was during the arctic mission posted above. I thought maybe it was just a different building that wasnt textured but it could've actually been a Light-scout. I didn't see a crash site anywhere else on the map.

Also there is "civilian" with shotgun that looks like a xenonaut soldier when jumping over a fence. It was a while ago that I noticed it but I forgot to post it then =/

Should be on the farm map I assume (as that is where they carry shotguns no?)

Keep up the good work! The new maps looks better and seem more difficult as it forces me to separate my forces. (I like more difficult)