Xenonaut Base Progress

Aaron

oh, is that a jersey barrier? I thought everyone just took off their sweaters and made a barrier from those. During quiet times you could just take four of them and get in a game of footy too :)
No, that is a Jersey barrier. A jersey barrier is just as you described. It's my go to response when my brother makes a pantaloons barrier in preparations for a sock fight..

Where I be, we just call them concrete barriers. Impressive imagination there.

We call them "concrete sows" in Sweden for some reason. (at least as far as I know. it might be a regional thing where I live)

Having done a little research, the sandbag seems to be (for the period) the only way to erect a hasty fortification within an underground base. The alternative would seem to be the Jersey barrier.

That was why I suggested it :P

Although I did say jersey, not Jersey but I assumed the standard issue Xenonauts overclothing would be designed to provide protection against plasma.

The scientists and engineers should be able to come up with something better given time.

They can come up with a mobile combat shield that can resist plasma for a short time so a stronger version for static defences shouldn't be too big a problem.

Although I did say jersey, not Jersey but I assumed the standard issue Xenonauts overclothing would be designed to provide protection against plasma.

Cdr Gauddlike: What's that bundle doing in the corridor thothkins?

Sgt thothkins: We're building a barrier to slow down alien attack.

Cdr Gauddlike: From your pullovers?

Sgt thothkins: well, it's a jersey barrier isn't it?

Cdr Gauddlike: your auntie knitted you a jumper for Christmas again didn't she? you're just trying to get rid of it.

Sgt thotkins: It shall die protecting the Earth, sir.

I'd like to see graphics for:

A diversionary sign saying "Command Centre This Way" that you can place leading to the canteen.

A cunning full scale cutout of a corridor wall, that you can simply place in an opening.

A mirror to provide the illusion that there are twice as many Xenonauts defending each area than there are.

A gigantic Christmas jersey that covers your entire base, causing fear and panic in the aliens over it's little reindeer patterns.

that's right. so there is...

Sgt thothkins: um Sir, we've only got 4 guys on this mission?

Cdr Gauddlike: Yes, that's right. Should be easy for a group with your experience.

Sgt thothkins: Ah, but we've no tank or heavy weapons, either.

Cdr Gauddlike: I'm sure you'll manage. Incidentally, there's a couple of things I'd like you to pick up and bring back to the base...

Also we do NOT have polar bears walking the streets of our capital... or any other city.

WHAT?! When I get my hands on that travel agent! I said "those are just men in suits." and I was laughed at by the touring party. Laughed at! "Happens all the time," they said, mockingly. "They're having coffee," I added. They looked down on me and told me about the "intelligence of animal life imitating variable habitats."

I've shown everyone the holiday pics too. Of course, when I was telling other people, I pretended to know that they were "real" polar bears. Gah!

Edited by thothkins

No, that is a Jersey barrier. A jersey barrier is just as you described. It's my go to response when my brother makes a pantaloons barrier in preparations for a sock fight..

We call them "concrete sows" in Sweden for some reason. (at least as far as I know. it might be a regional thing where I live)

Well my family just calls them carstoppers.

Moments later at the ale house...

Pvt thothkins: Why don't we just do that every mission?

Cpl Hicks: They can't go into production until HWP and Trashman agree on rounds per wizard hat, I'm afraid.

Three. Three is the number of rounds that the hat shall have, and the number of rounds shall be three. Two is not acceptable unless you add another. Four is right out.

Once the number three, being the right number, be reached, then and only then can the wizzard hats enter production.

Err... first that I have ever heard of it. I'd have to say no.

Also we do NOT have polar bears walking the streets of our capital... or any other city.

Another swede here. He is obviously lying, or danish. :P

I am looking at polar bears right now, while going up the elevator listening to In Flames. ;)