Creepers pack

zzz1010

• 1 year later...

Sorry for posting a fairly newbie question (first post here) but how do I install this mod and put creepers in my game? Will it work in v21?

Edit: I can't figure where in the assets folder the mod files should go, regardless of whether the mod is compatible with v21 or not. Perhaps the game has evolved since this mod was produced and the folder structure looks different now? I tried to "activate" through modding tools with no result at all.

Edited by KevinHann

• 4 weeks later...

If I remember correctly, it's not about structure but need to spawn them somewhere. Originally it was quick battle maps with defined enemies, maps in the pack is not work with current game. To add them in game need to add them to some base or ufo crew list.

Yes, figured that. Problem seems to be you can't just add new aliens, you would need to replace some of the existing enemies.

Not at all, you can include new AIs or Ranks. This work is tedius and quiet hard. If I had more time I put the pure mod for vanilla.

I miss the queen expansion but... well I do my best.

Not at all, you can include new AIs or Ranks. This work is tedius and quiet hard. If I had more time I put the pure mod for vanilla.

I miss the queen expansion but... well I do my best.

Don't know, I noticed you had to exclude several zombie variations to include the creeper pack in your mod. If it's possible and requires just a ton of drawing and coding effort then we could truly hope for a community produced expansion at some point rather than a big mod that converts a lot of the gameplay of the original. Especially if someone could figure a way to put in entirely new tilesets such as the jungle one.

Don't know, I noticed you had to exclude several zombie variations to include the creeper pack in your mod. If it's possible and requires just a ton of drawing and coding effort then we could truly hope for a community produced expansion at some point rather than a big mod that converts a lot of the gameplay of the original. Especially if someone could figure a way to put in entirely new tilesets such as the jungle one.

I remove a lot of zombie diversity intentional, not because I need the space. In XNT mod the reapers are front line meat shield not a zombifier. Creepers dont need to be replace or take space from other current units.

Its possible but take some time. With the work currently made for XNT its relative easy addecuate creepers for vanilla.

dtx3hPt.jpg

There "queen addon" file as it was, reupload of old archive. It's basically glitchy hidralisk-like, and the egg is just a joke.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/td9r5axayok8kmp/creepers.7z

http://www.mediafire.com/download/h7bjtz8m2s81omw/queen_addon.7z

Thank you, let me see if I can release and update the pack as a gesture of gratitude for the hard work made in this mod.