Build V17.5 Planned!

___

You also produces and leading the project Path of Exile ?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/54

Sorry if I'm wrong ..

__

The Chris from Grinding Gear (a different company than Goldhawk) is named Wilson. Xenonaut Chris' last name is England.

There are quite a lot of producers/lead devs that are named Chris atm. I think I've seen about 4-5 just on indie projects.

It's funny. You post like you know the game, and yet balk at the implementation of the same game. I am sure that if Chris "Promised" any kind of a release date it was with the caveat and understanding that any dates were tentative until it was actually released.

The fact that Chris is so transparent about what is going on is significantly refreshing to me as compared to a lot of publishers who will post a release date, miss it and say nothing for weeks or months afterwards. Or worse yet, lie directly to the public. Or even worse still, release partially done crap merely to shut the public up.

It is clear you are excited about the game coming out. Now just show the development team some restraint and respect in letting them get the job done. Understand that any dates posted are tentative until you actually see the product on the market. And don't whine about transparency.

Its clear you like licking boots

It's funny. You post like you know the game, and yet balk at the implementation of the same game. I am sure that if Chris "Promised" any kind of a release date it was with the caveat and understanding that any dates were tentative until it was actually released.

The fact that Chris is so transparent about what is going on is significantly refreshing to me as compared to a lot of publishers who will post a release date, miss it and say nothing for weeks or months afterwards. Or worse yet, lie directly to the public. Or even worse still, release partially done crap merely to shut the public up.

It is clear you are excited about the game coming out. Now just show the development team some restraint and respect in letting them get the job done. Understand that any dates posted are tentative until you actually see the product on the market. And don't whine about transparency.

I take issue with this kind of attitude. It's the kind I see sarcastic sycophants pulling out all the time, especially when they're defending some failure on the part of a free game or its development team. You're hardly on the dev team either, are you? Then shut up. Personally, I can hardly even decrypt the OP, so I'm not sure how you're getting this sense of entitlement from it; it seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Obviously it's good that Chris is so transparent about the goings-on of development, but deadlines are deadlines. A goal was promised and not achieved. People will complain; and for good reason. Chris runs this game company like a business; therefore, it is unprofessional when he misses deadlines, and he will garner complaints.

We all paid for this game, there's no reason we should be forced to keep mum about things we take issue with, out of some faux respect for the devs. They are all big strong grown men, they get paid to do this, they can take a little heat. It hardly means that we love and care about the game any less, we are just expressing our understandable frustrations. Chris can find enthusiasm and support anywhere he turns, he won't be damaged by a single complaint by a paying customer.

Looking forward to the new version; I haven't bothered reporting any bugs because I figured anything I could find within the first few hours of play has probably already been ticketed to death.

It won't be coming before Christmas now. We had three important crash / unplayable bugs to fix, which we have - but now it turns out that our file-packing system has stopped working so the game can't read the files inside the packages any more. Everyone's a bit busy with Christmas over the coming few days to do much about it at this point though!

I'll be semi-working from the 27th and perhaps there'll be the build available at around that time, but again I can't promise anything. Everything is a bit sketchy at this time of year.

Dont mention Legends of Pegasus ever! I wonder what the people behind that pile of sh*t are doing today, does anybody know?

Walking the unemployment line most likely.

And before anyone says "good", just remember that they tried to fix that game! But they ran out of money, went out of business, and the publisher stood by and did NOTHING. The publisher didn't give them any money to fix the game, they just pocketed their share and washed their hands of it.

It's a sad day indeed when games like this remain unfinished because of publisher greed, limited development resources and the knee-jerk reactions of fans that demand a finished game or a refund, which of course likely only hastened Novacore's demise.

It's because of refund demanding jerks that I will never see a finished product. So, no, I'm not too happy with people like that at the moment. :(

Walking the unemployment line most likely.

And before anyone says "good", just remember that they tried to fix that game! But they ran out of money, went out of business, and the publisher stood by and did NOTHING. The publisher didn't give them any money to fix the game, they just pocketed their share and washed their hands of it.

:(

I didn't get stung on that particular game but I completely agree - and this is one reason that the indie / kickstarter / Xenonauts model is such a good one. Games should no longer be pushed out incomplete (except as alpha / beta tests) and developers will just about always want to get the best game out there they can.

I disagree on the refunds though - when games have been costing between £30 and £50, and even higher at one point, that's a lot of money for some people. They might only be able to buy one game a month. If that game, which would have been sold as a "complete" game, turns out to be buggy and unplayable it's not unreasonable that they want their money back so they can buy something else.

I didn't get stung on that particular game but I completely agree - and this is one reason that the indie / kickstarter / Xenonauts model is such a good one. Games should no longer be pushed out incomplete (except as alpha / beta tests) and developers will just about always want to get the best game out there they can.

I disagree on the refunds though - when games have been costing between £30 and £50, and even higher at one point, that's a lot of money for some people. They might only be able to buy one game a month. If that game, which would have been sold as a "complete" game, turns out to be buggy and unplayable it's not unreasonable that they want their money back so they can buy something else.

Agree even if the person is able to pay 100K by day. Whatwould you say if they sold you a brand new car whithout 2 wheel or a plane missing half a wing ?